BuddyDev

Search

Bring Instagram to BuddyPress

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alexander on #15264

I think BuddyPress bring these kind of similar WordPress Instagram plugin (https://www.wpblog.com/top-wordpress-plugins-for-instagram/).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15268

Hi Alexander,
    The plugin we are planning here is not for importing from Instagram but to provide similar effects functionality.

The plugin was completed a few weeks ago, It is waiting for code review. Once the code review is complete, we will be making it available. Hopefully, by the end of this month.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #16311

Hey Brajesh, still no rush on this but wondered if you had any updates? I’m still setting up this new improved version of my site and wondered whether this was still in scope to incorporate before it’s rolled out

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16312

Hi Graham,
    We do have a working version of it and I will push it on github. We wanted flexibility and a lot more options than what RT Media’s addon provides.

We used camanjs which works wonderfully for smaller images but when the images get large, this simply does not work. We had to cancel the release at the last minute due to this.

I am releasing this camanjs based version on github(It is working with a lot of effects but only on images 1-2 mb or less).

We have restarted working on what the other plugins provide. The alternative using PHP ImageMagick will be available in 7-15 days. I am not happy with this approach as it has very limited effects but then again, It is to make sure we do have equivalent features to the other media plugin.

I will keep you informed.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #16314

I’m in no rush and would rather wait until you’re happy with it.

Most my users are going through mobile access so camera photos would probably be larger than 2mb – until compressed with wpmudev smushit

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved