BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Pro and Pods, how does it plays together?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Renaat Sioncke on #43458

I use the BuddyBlog Pro together with the Pods Framework.
    So I created in Pods, a custom post type, with storage type meta, and set it up as the type that BoddyBlog Pro should publish on.

All well, I am posting now from the BuddyBoss community, on the front end.

– But, my post was published without the approval need. What setting did I miss?
    – My buddyBlog image was not published. Any setting? Or, do I need to set up an Image field in my Pods fields?
    – I would like to publish all front end post with the WordPress user bio included. Any tips how to set this up?

My publication: https://pinoyreal.team/blog/glutathione-the-fountain-of-youth/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43475

Hi Renaat,
    Thank you for using BuddyBlog Pro.

1. If you are using pods custom fields you will need to have a custom field with same key in BuddyBlog. BuddyBlog is not aware of pods (nor pods is).

BuddyBlog is able to use custom post type registered by any plugin, so it understands the post type registered by pods. It does not understand the workflow of pods though.

But, my post was published without the approval need. What setting did I miss?

BuddyBlog Pro has it’s own workflow where you can make the post to require approval. Please update the form settings and enable it.

– My buddyBlog image was not published. Any setting? Or, do I need to set up an Image field in my Pods fields?

Please make sure the key used in BuddyBlog and the identifier for custom field in Pods are same. that way, pod should recognize the media. Can you please tell me hich field type are you using from pods?

-I would like to publish all front end post with the WordPress user bio included. Any tips how to set this up?

Since you are using BuddyBoss, the profile posts are using BuddyBoss archive template(copy) and single posts on profile uses the single post template(copy of it).

I believe that if a user has the bio available, BuddyBoss shows that. If not, You may want to update the template file.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Renaat Sioncke on #43493

A quick question.
    What do you mean with the key used in BuddyBlog. Is that the BuddyBlog Pro > form > Post Fields > placeholder ?

Is there a tutorial?

I work with Pods and Beaver Themer together, to build my BuddyBlog Pro styling. So As soon as I know what key Buddyblog is saving and where to find it, I can set my image up, I guess.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43497

Hi Renaat,
    Please have a look here.
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddyblog-pro/configuring-post-meta-fields-with-buddyblog-pro-post-form/

It is the “Meta Key” field and the key is provide by you when adding fields to the BuddyBlog Pro form.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved