Custom meta fields allow you to have extra attribute for your content. These are stored in WordPress post meta table. For more details about the post meta, please see the WordPress documentation.
With BuddyBlog Pro, you can do the following:-
- Create any number of custom post meta fields. The data entered by your user in the form will be saved with post. BuddyBlog Pro.
- Order the custom meta fields in the form display
- Control the display of post meta fields with the post content on the post listing(archive) or single post pages.
Supported Custom field types:-
- Text: Single line text field
- Text Area: Multi line text field
- Rich Text Editor:- Visual editor(with tinymce editor)
- *Medium Editor:- Visual Editor with Medium editor(will be available on 15th June)
- Number:- Numeric data field
- Web URL
- Dropdown – single select field
- Multi Dropdown:- Multi select field
- Radio Buttons
- Oembed:- Video embeds
- Image:- image field
- File:- arbitrary file type( You will need to make sure the mime type is enabled in WordPress)
- Hidden:- Allows you to store some fixed data with each post without user
Here is a screenshot for showing post meta section options:-
You can also have control for display custom meta field information on a single post page. Just enable the “Enable Extra meta display” option under the “With Single Post” section. If you enable this you can display custom field meta information before post or after post entry.
Here is a screenshot for showing single post meta section options:-
Here is a complete demo video for meta fields with BuddyBlog Pro