BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Auto Join Groups – Rules Not Working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Choyt on #31514

It took me a bit to realize that the conditions created are open text and not supposed to be a drop down of existing Member Types. But even so, I have a few thousand people in a “FREE USER” member type and when I use either
    Member Type IN “FREE USER”
    OR
    Member Type EQUALS “FREE USER”
    and click sync, it does not adjust and put anyone in any groups.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31516

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for the topic.

You will need to use the member type name and not the label. The “FREE User” is a label. What is the name you have registered for the member type? Please use that. Also, using EQUALS is sufficient.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Choyt on #31576

I created a member type. It is called FREE User.
    This still doesn’t work. What am I missing?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31577

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for the reply.

I can assure that “FREE User” is a label for the member type.

In BuddyPress, when you create member type, you need a name (which does not have space) and a label. The name is used internally while the label is for the user.

If you can tell me how are you creating it, I can help with finding the name of the member type.

Regards
    Brajhesh

• Participant
    Choyt on #31579

Thanks, Brajesh.

Users > Member Types (using the pro plugin)
    This is what I see:

FREE Site User

freesiteuser

FREE Site User

[bpmtp-members-list member_type=freesiteuser]

So it would stand to reason that the member type is “freesiteuser”, yes?

That also didn’t work. So I tried the ID number that I see when hovering over the Member Type but that also didn’t work.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31580

Hi Chris,
    Thank you.

Yes, “freesiteuser” is the reply.

Since we haven’t added explicit value for the member type, It will check against your profile field data.

Question 1:- Are you using a member type profile field?
    Question 2:- Which type of field it is multi member type or single member type?

PS:- I am asking my team to update the plugin to add explicit support for member type to avoid this in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Choyt on #31582

Q1 – yes.
    Q2 – Not sure – but you can see the screenshot here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w_bQLJc4Fs_47kYdKpk78f5-cSN_BFTd/view?usp=sharing

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31583

Thank you.

It seems there is no need to add the support for member type. It is already there(I somehow overlooked it).

Please allow me 1 hour to check and verify it and get back to you.

PS:- Please visit Dashbaord->Users and can you please confirm that there are users with this member type?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Choyt on #31585

I figured it out! For some reason the system had profile types correct but nobody assigned to member types. Once I went through and reassigned (to thousands!) the member type, it’s working.

There is a bug that shows two iterations of each member type in the dropdown menu to change user type on the All Users page, however. Not sure if one is invalid or they will both work.

Happy to let you poke around in our staging site if you think that will help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31586

Hi Chris,
    Thank you.

It’s good to know that the feature is working.

For double dropdown on users screen, is there any chance you are using BuddyBoss platform? Our member types pro is not compatible with them(they include profile type) and we are working on a port(new plugin) that works in tandem with their profile type.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved