Sorry for delay – was off for a week.
A few questions…
Will this auto-friend for users that already are in the site?
Is there a way that I can define the domains or at least set up domains to NOT be matched? For instance, I would not want everyone with a gmail.com address to be friended together – just people with work-related emails.
Yes we are using BuddyBoss. Are there any other compatibility issues or challenges we can expect?
What we’re working towards is some automation.
1. user registers and if they have one of a specific email domains they are “PayingMember” if not they are “Free Site User”
2. “PayingMember” can automatically join any set of pre-approved private groups
3. “PayingMember” is automatically put in 3 identified groups
4. “Free Site User” is automatically put in 2 identified groups
5. “PayingMember” is automatically friended with all other “PayingMember” users
We thought BuddyBoss and auto friend and auto group would be ideal for this.
I figured it out! For some reason the system had profile types correct but nobody assigned to member types. Once I went through and reassigned (to thousands!) the member type, it’s working.
There is a bug that shows two iterations of each member type in the dropdown menu to change user type on the All Users page, however. Not sure if one is invalid or they will both work.
Happy to let you poke around in our staging site if you think that will help.
Q1 – yes.
Q2 – Not sure – but you can see the screenshot here.
Users > Member Types (using the pro plugin)
This is what I see:
FREE Site User
FREE Site User
So it would stand to reason that the member type is “freesiteuser”, yes?
That also didn’t work. So I tried the ID number that I see when hovering over the Member Type but that also didn’t work.