BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Issues

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Chetan Sonar on #17275

Hi,

I have 2 queries:

1) For mediapress Gallery option, buddypress is demanding a page, which page should I assign for Gallery? Should I create a blank page named “Gallery”?
    Refer Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kti2k4

2) On the Members page, buddypress should show “buddypress” widgets while it is showing “Main Sidebar Widgets”, How can I change that? I have already added required widgets on the Buddypress widgets category.
    Refer Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kti2y4
    Members Page: https://prnt.sc/kti2uo

3) Can I change Mediapress “Gallery” name to “Uploads”? If yes, from where I can change that.

4) I have added Buddypress Member Types, and it is showing that on the Registration / Signup Page, but the location is at the end of the page. I need it above few other fields, how can I create a new signup page and add Media Type and other widgets on it?

Refer Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kti2xb

Kindly assist.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17278

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for asking

1. Do you want a gallery directory page, if yes, you can create a blank page and assign it. if not, you can visit MediaPress->Settings->BuddyPress and disable it.

2. Just check the screenshot. The widget area is provided by your theme and it seems there is a bug. try contacting theme support for the same.

3. Yes, Please translate it.
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/translating/translating-mediapress-into-your-local-language/

Or you can use any translation plugin to do that.

4. You are most probably not using our plugin as in our case the Member Type is a profile field and you can put it anywhere a field can go. Please check which member type plugin are you using.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chetan Sonar on #17282

Hi Brajesh,

1) Ok got it.

2) Actually, it was working some time ago and was showing all widgets but, I wanted to remove the Title of the page as it shows repeated Title, so for Members page from “Page Attributes” I changed “Default Template” to “No Title” and then all widgets gone away. So, I don’t think its a bug of theme.

3) I just want users to see “Uploads” by replacing “Gallery”, I still have to go through translating mediapress language process?

4) Yes, we are not using your plugin, I have checked and liked your plugin, I will definitely buy it. Can I expect any discount?

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17290

Hi Matt,
    Thank you.

2. Most probably yes.

3. I can provide a solution by filtering on the ‘gettext’ filter as this

/**
     * Change Gallery tab to uploads.
     * Not the best method or the most efficient one and I recommend using translation files.
     * @param string $translated translated text.
     * @param string $original original text.
     * @param string $domain text domain.
     * @return string
     */
    function buddydev_change_mediapress_tab_name( $translated, $original, $domain ) {
    	if ( 'mediapress' !== $domain ) {
    		return $translated;
    	}

if ( 'Gallery <span>%d</span>' === $original ) {
    		$translated = 'Uploads <span>%d</span>';
    	}

return $translated;
    }

add_filter( 'gettext', 'buddydev_change_mediapress_tab_name', 10, 3 );

4. Thank you. For discount, Please let me know what amount of discount you need and I will be glad to offer if feasible.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chetan Sonar on #17340

Hi Brajesh,

2) All other buddypress pages are showing sidebar widgets. Only Members page has issues. So my question is still same, in case if I deletes or edits members or any other buddypress default pages by mistakes, I can’t recreate them? Technically they are all blank pages.

3) May I know which file should I edit? I will also try translation of files on other server.

4) What is the maximum discount you can provide? as being a customer I can demand anything. I tried using your 50% discount coupons but not worked. Kindly help.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17349

Hi Matt,

2. Yes, you can recreate and assign them to BuddyPress component by visiting Dashboard->BuddyPress->Settings->Page screen.

3. You can translate using the method 2 or 3 from this article (or from the page I linked earlier)
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin-in-your-language/

For future proofing, you can keep the translated file in wp-content/languages/plugins directory.

4. I hope our customers to be reasonable and do consider the effort we put in supporting them. I knew you could demand anything but the hope was you would’t 🙂

For individual plugins we do not offer any discount. It is rare for us to do that as the plugins are already priced very economically considering the time we invest on support.
    I can offer a maxium of 20% one time discount.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chetan Sonar on #17418

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you.

How can I opt for 20% discount?

Matt.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17419

Thank you Matt. Posting the code in next reply.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17420
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Chetan Sonar on #17422

Hi,

I tried using 2 different credit and debit cards but not able to make the payment. I gets below error :
    ————
    We aren’t able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method.
    ————
    I have used the same credit card to buy themeforest themes, wpbakery plugins.

Kindly assist.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved