BuddyDev

Search

buddypress registration form issue

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Chetan Sonar on #22382

Hi Team,

I would like to add “Confirm Password” and “Country Code + Mobile Number” fields. Also I am facing issues in adding the validations for mobile number, people can type text in the mobile number field.

Is there any plugin which provides me such customization?

I think Confirm password is something which should be there by default.

Please assist asap.

Matt.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22387

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for the question.

1. Confirm password is built in BuddyPress. Most probably your theme or template pack does not support it. Please check them.

2. Country Code + Mobile Number:- I am not aware if any plugin allows validation as it needs support for some sms gateway. It can be done but it will need custom development specific to your need and career for sms.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Chetan Sonar on #22392

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I have checked in WPLMS forum and I can see that they are not supporting Confirm Password field at the moment. I am not sure how it makes such big difference in their theme functional work.

Well, as an alternative. The default signup form shows the “confirm Password” field. You can check “https://apprend.in/register/”. This is because its not custom registration.

So, if I will use “Buddypress Member Types Pro + Buddypress Conditional Profile Fields”, will the respective member types gets the ROLE assigned at the same time? If yes, I will keep only one form for 2 different member types (Student, Instructor and Employer).

I hope you got my point.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22396

Hi Matt,
    I am not sure of WPLMS.

For BuddyPress, you can use Member Types Pro. You don’t need the conditional field plugin with member types pro. It comes with the automatic conditions based on member type.
    Yes, you can setup roles based on member type at registration(Please see the docs).
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/conditional-buddypress-registration-fields-based-on-buddypress-member-types/

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved