I’ve been using Facebook Like User Activity Stream for BuddyPress 1.1.7 for over a year. Works great and is mission critical to my app. But just realized you have had new updates. So I just purchased and installed 1.2.2. This installed separately so I have both installed, though only one activated.
1.1.7 still works correctly s if activated ( I have the loggedin user’s aggregated feeds displayed under the All tab on buddypress profile).
However if I deactivate 1.1.7 and activate 1.2.2 with both ‘Enable for Activity Directory and User Profile’ set, I instead get a new tab of “Your Stream” replacing All tab. This makes sense per the docs, but for some reason the activity in the Your Stream tab is only the user’s Personal feed (their own posts) and not their aggregated feed. Also, If I look at the sitewide feed under mysite.com/activity/, I am still seeing the full sitewide feed (all users) rather than the sitewide feed filtered by the loggedin user’s profile.
So, can you advise?
– Are the two plugins in conflict perhaps? I’m reluctant to delete 1.1.7 until 1.2.2. is working but can if that’s the problem
– Am I looking at the right URL (mysite.com/activity/) for your user-filtered version? Or is this somewhere else?
– I’m presuming the Your Stream tab should be the aggregated feed not just personal feed right? Problem?
– I have not changed the slug in the setting (my-stream-activity) but where should I be seeing this used? What URL?
Thank you for purchasing the plugin.
My apologies for the inconvenience.
1. Are the two plugins in conflict perhaps? – They will only conflict if both are active. If one is deactivated, it won’t be an issue.
2. Am I looking at the right URL (mysite.com/activity/):- Yes, if the directory is enabled.
3. I’m presuming the Your Stream tab should be the aggregated feed not just personal feed right? – Yes, you are right about this.
4. I have not changed the slug in the setting (my-stream-activity) but where should I be seeing this used? What URL? – This is only important if the Your Stream tab is not the default tab for user. If it is not, the stream is shown at site.com/members/user/activity/new-slug-that-you-use
It seems the 1.2.2 is not behaving correctly on the site. I will need a few details to assist you quickly.
1. Which version of BuddyPress are you using?
2. Are you using BP Legacy Template pack or the BP Nouveau Template pack?
3. Which theme are you using?
Please let me know and I will assist quickly.
Thank you for the patience.
Please hold the upgrade to 1.2.2 till this Sunday. There are issues on directory as well as on the profile page. On profile, It does lists user and their groups but not friends.
On sitewide activity, It does not seem to have any effect.
For me, The http://example.com/members/usernmae/activity/my-activity-stream/ works and redirect to http://example.com/members/usernmae/activity/. Please make sure the slug is ‘my-activity-stream’ , otherwise, the actual slug should be tested. Please do note that for logged in user, we set it as default page, so using the slug won’t have much effect.
I will update you on/before this Sunday with an update.
My apologies for the delayed update.
Please upgrade to 1.2.3 and the activity listing will be fixed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.