Level: Initiated
    lyrics on #1940

@sbrajesh
    Please help me out.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1941

Hi Layrics,
    I am sorry. I just missed it yesterday when I came back.

Before going further, May I know if you are familiar with php coding or not? Just to have an idea and what type of solution to recommend.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    lyrics on #1942

yes am familiar with php coding but little knowledge though.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1943

Thank you.
    Let us outline the task:-

1. Creating custom post type:- You need to select your options here, can be done via code(I prefer this way, more details here https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type) or there are many post type generator plugins available on wordpress.org repo

2. Allow users to create project. We need a form solution here. Various free and paid solutions available. A few of them will be(Specific to BuddyPress), BuddyBlog(our very own) or BuddyForms. BuddyBlog is more aimed at developers to customize for extra features.

3. Creating Custom template for single post type with your layout. Please take a look at the template Hierarchy here https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

The only part that will be a little bit tricky will be using activity. Including activity loop is just one line of code. Posting and formatting activity action strings will be a little bit tricky. It is recommend to create a Component(Dummy component) and use that in everything related t activity.

I know the last part is not very clear but I will advise you to start with the initial steps and as you proceed things will become easier(as you will have more Idea about what you want vs what already is there and what need to be there).

I will help you will the last part if you need any assistance there.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    lyrics on #1944

thanks for your reply, I will try it out and get back to you.
    thanks a bunch.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1945

No problem. I am looking forward to see it getting live. All the best with the project 🙂

• Participant
    Falona Oluwarotimi Akintan on #4109

Hello Brajesh Singh (@sbrajesh), I hope you re still following this post? Create project based site with buddypress. I really need your help on this too, and I must admit, I am a green on in this aspect. Please is there any way you can help out with the detailed steps?

I have come a long way to get to this post.

Your mentor-ship will be extremely appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4142

Hi Falona,
    Apologies for the delayed reply. will be posting on your topic with details today. Closing it in favor of
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/creating-entrepreneursstart-ups-and-investorsbusiness-angels-community-with-bp/

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Create project based site with buddypress’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved