BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Facebook Like User Activity Stream for BuddyPress not working properly

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #16022

Hello Brajesh,

I recently purchased the Facebook Like User Activity Stream for BuddyPress plugin but after activating it, the admin settings are not being applied. I am also using the latest version of the buddyboss wall plugin which I had to deactivate to see if there is any conflict but there was none the settings were not being applied after saving.

1. I Changed the slug to (my-wall) but it did not reflect on the sitewide activity page, it only appeared on the personal profile page as (Your stream) not (my-wall)

2. I unchecked the option to enable it on user profile, but it still appears on user profile after saving the settings.

3. All members tab still shows the sitewide activity page instead of my wall

This is a link to our previous discussion https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-like-user-activity-stream-and-buddyboss-wall-compatibility/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16024

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

It seems there is some misunderstanding about the settings

1. “Your Stream” is label not slug. We did not provide the option to change label, but we can add. Slug is used in url. Since the user’s stream is default, it’s slug is not visible. If you try typing profile-url/activity/that-slug-you-added, It will redirect you to the stream page too.

2. It seems a bug. Just check. I am pushing an update today.

3. Your All Members Tab is converted to network activity stream. Try checking the entries in the stream and you will note that when you enable the stream, It only shows from the user’s network and not from all members in general case.

Since All members makes sense in both cases and it does not need changing, We have left the tab as it is but changed the actual content. Please check this.

I will post back after updating the plugin for Label and the ability to disable profile stream.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16025

Hi Tosin,
    I checked again.

It seems none of the settings are applied as we used incorrect settings. You may be right about the dir. It is always enabled.

I will push an update in an hour.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #16027

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you so much for explaining, I was also wondering if it will be possible to also change the all members label for only logged in users.

1. Logged in users will see the label (My wall) while logged out users will see (all members) label.

2. When a user is logged out does the site wide activity page revert back to the default all members activities.

Thanks
    Tosin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16028

Hi Tosin,
    Please upgrade to 1.2.2
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/facebook-like-user-activity-stream-for-buddypress/

In order to upgrade, please delete the old plugin, and then upload it. This plugin won’t be able to auto update due to slug issue. Once you have done it, in future, It will be automatically updatable.

1. Sorry but changing label using a filter is a very bad idea for performance(That label is coming from theme). You can do it but I recommend editing buddypress/members/index.php in your theme. It is way more efficient.

2. Yes, exactly, this is how it dsupposed to work.

Please update and let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #16031

Hello Brajesh,

I just updated the plugin now and it works perfectly. Just to let you know, I am using this plugin with the buddyboss wall plugin but I only enabled the stream on the site wide activity page and not the profile page, I don’t think there is any form of conflict. If possible I can send you a copy of the buddyboss wall plugin to check it out for compatibility issues.

Thank you so much
    Tosin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16036

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.
    If you enable it for the activity directory only, there won’t be any conflict. Thank you for offering to share the plugin but I don’t need it for now. I still appreciate it.

Marking it as resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved