BuddyDev

Search

How to create forms for buddyblog submissions?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bruno Verrier on #27109

Hello there,

I installed and activated both BuddyPress Simple Front End Post and BuddyBlog.
    I can access the Buddyblog panel but there is no way to create a form I can’t see Buddyblof Forms entry in dashboard.
    What I missed ?

(I’m realy sorry but https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/ explanation was not clear to me and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cbDuxFaaNs&feature=youtu.be not either)

Thank you
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27113

Hi Bruno,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. We are having slow forum support due to holidays.

The current version of BuddyBlog does not allow creating forums. You can select a post type and taxonomies and it will appear in the form.
    Please check BuddyBlog settings in the Dashboard->Settings.

I am not sure how you found that video, It is of our upcoming release(2.0) that allows creating multiple post forms with custom fields.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #27116

Hi Brajesh,

I passed the last 3 days to dig into your forums and blog archives. And found this post :
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddyblog-is-brilliant/ where you mention this new upcoming version. Can’t wait for it, it’s very promissing (as usual).

Concerning the video I found a link in a post of your forum, but don’t remember where.

(BTW a lot of articles cannot be read and are stuck in a loop and diplay blanck pages)

Best regards
    Bruno

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #27117

In fact I think that this new version could resolve all my needs.

I resume:
    I need to display some personal infos directly into the BP user profile. (Don’t need these data to be sync with WP user profile).

Here is what I intend to do:
    Creating several CPT (CPT UI + ACF)
    Assigning these CPT to user profile tabs (with BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro)
    Creating forms to fill the CPT
    Allowing looged users to fill forms
    Displaying forms data in the right user profile tab.

Is that doable with the 2.0 version ?
    Thank you
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27123

Hi Bruno,
    Thank you for the details.

If I understand correctly, the role of BuddyBlog will be to allow users to create/edit posts and set certain terms.

That is doable with it. We will be supporting limited types of custom fields as shown in the demo. So, you can create form with that.

Please do note that, 2.0 will be coming around March as we have higher priority releases scheduled earlier.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Bruno Verrier on #28492

Hello Brajesh,
    it’s been a while.

Hope you’re safe during these stanges times.

What about BuddyBlog update?
    Thx
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28516

Hi Bruno,
    Thank you for checking back.
    I am sorry, we could not work on it in March.

I will do it sometimes this month and put a version latest by 7th May.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved