BuddyDev

Search

How To Use BuddyPress Member Types Pro for Customizing Member Directory

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24482

I am trying to understand how to configure BuddyPress Member Types Pro to accomplish displaying only one member type on my BuddyPress member directory page.

Currently, the directory is showing every user on my site. I created the 3 member types that apply using member types pro, but cannot figure out the next steps to get that connected to both the registration and the member directory page sides.

I need users who register as one single user type (realtor) to be displayed on the directory page, and the other user types to be hidden. I don’t see how to link them member types I created to the registration portion of this, so that the registration form can differentiate between the 2 types – (realtors and homeowners).

• Participant
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24483
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24490

Hi Noah,
    Thank you for the details.
    I checked and I found that you had both the member type generator and member types pro active. That’s why you were not getting the option to hide member types in directory.

I have deactivated the member type generator and you can see the options to hide a member type from directory.

I have updated your member type(homeowner/admin team settings to exclude them from directory.

Please check and update the settings as you need.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24493

Thank you, this resolves part of my question. How do I connect this on the registration side so that I can register the users as either a homeowner or realtor. This way the member type can be properly assigned when users register.

• Participant
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24501

Any update?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24503

Hi Noah,
    Please visit Users->profile Fields

Click on “Add New Profile field” and select “Single Member Type”.
    There you can select which member types will be available to the users.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24508

This does not seem to work in my scenario because I am using woo commerce instead of Buddypress for the registration page and then BuddyPress to display the member types on the member directory page. This is because my theme requires use of Woocommerce my account page for user registration.

How can I apply the field to select member type from the Woocommerce account registration form?

Alternately, if it’s not possible with Buddypress and woocommerce only, could it be implemented using another plugin to assist like https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-registration-plugin-add-custom-registration-fields/20515456 or https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-customize-myaccount-page/?refer_id=1062882

My goal is to have the users select their member type (realtor or homeowner) from the account registration form and then use that selection to only display realtor member types on the member directory page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24522

Hi Noah,
    We support assigning member types based on WooCommerce Memberships or Subscriptions. We do not support member type selection on WooCommerce registration page.

We do not need 3rd party plugin to add support for WooCommerce registration. Our team will look into it and see if we can add the support via custom code in next 1-2 week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Noah Schoenhienz on #24531

Ok please update me on this as soon as possible.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24543

Thank you. Will do.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved