BuddyDev

Search

Inviting Ideas for the best ever WordPress Gallery Plugin

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Joost Abrahams on #2889

Support for jetpack carousel would be awesome!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2891

Thank you Joost. That’s a good idea and will look at it in details.

• Participant
    Tyler Claypool on #2933

Since this is going to be the best Media Gallery plugin on WordPress, I think a feature such as adding “hotspots” or tagging areas on images as you add them to the site (or even add to existing images from the front end gallery screen) would make this incredible. Image what people could do with that! Add links to the image from spots on the picture. Add more info to the image at a direct spot on there. Embed a video to the image from YouTube so they could have a “Learn More” option. The possibilities are endless!

Just my thoughts

Tyler C

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2936

Hi Tyler,
    Welcome to BuddyDev and Thank you for sharing the idea.

That is some very interesting idea. I can see the potential here. What I am thinking is more like using imagemap and the popup for the same.

We will be working on to have an addon that allows this in next 2 weeks.

PS: The goal is not only to be the best but to be the most loved Gallery solution in future.

• Participant
    Andrew Tibbetts on #3146

It was mentioned in https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/inviting-ideas-for-the-best-ever-wordpress-gallery-plugin/#post-841 but I would like to bump the feature suggestion of integrating a mediapress picker into bbpress topic and reply quicktag toolbars. I know you said you wanted to avoid modals but it’s the only way I can imagine this working. Essentially this would be a Mediapress version of the Media Library.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3153

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you for the bump.

My priority is to get Remote URL working in 1.1. After that, we will go for allowing uploads on Forums as well as comments too.

These will need some thinking as whether to allow users embed their existing media or just upload new one etc. I have some apprehensions about models(not being very useful on mobile) but I am not 100% against it.

• Participant
    zabrina p on #3444

+1 For bbpress 🙂

• Participant
    zabrina p on #3446

Ability to add Photos in replies! Attributes to photo while uploading!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by zabrina p.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3450

Hi Zabrina,
    Thank you.

I agree with the suggestions and the time we add support for WordPress comments, we will be adding support for bbPress as well as activity comment too.

There is an issue with the attributes modification with uploading. The upload starts as soon as someone drops the media or opens the selected media. I am not sure how to handle editing in case of Activity upload.

For single Gallery upload, we can add this functionality on upload though. If you have suggestions on adding attributes, please do let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    lavish on #3724

I wish when the best ever WordPress Gallery Plugin comes out, I can migrate from BP-Album plugin that I am stuck with.

Thanks

The topic ‘Inviting Ideas for the best ever WordPress Gallery Plugin’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved