BuddyDev

Search

Inviting Ideas for the best ever WordPress Gallery Plugin

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #993

My comments regarding the user interface were erroneous as I was looking at BP Gallery.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #997

No problem 🙂 Thank you for clarifying about that.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1283

Another feature you might like to consider is an upload from the web option, particularly for audio and video’s that the individual might have stored online somewhere and would now like to add them to MP.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1284

Hi George,
    This has been part of the planning. If you see the admin settings you see the storage options. Currently there is only “Local storage” but I added storage manager to allow using using multiple storage/locations in future. It will be easy to have it but It is not planned for first phase.

The goal of first phase to to get a full featured( with locale storage ), robust and scalable gallery plugin ready and then we can move on to these things.

We do understand that Views/storage are very important for a gallery, so we have our architecture in place for both of these.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1285

Cool, I was wondering what that selector was about

• Participant
    Venutius on #1286

One of the things I’ve been thinking about is to do with trying to get my media better organised in each gallery. I was thinking it would be a good idea to be able to assign categories to media, or tags so that people could search media in a large number of galleries for media with specific tags or categories.

My experience of giving galleries to members is that you end up with a large number of galleries through which the poor user has to troll as they look for interesting images etc.

I know its possible to create galleries for each type of image for example but to be honest I encourage my members to join a group that holds all the images in one gallery so that at least they have them all in one place. It is with this in mind that I’m thinking tags would be good.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jan Anderson on #1553

I have followed the suggestions about Youtube, Vimeo etc. galleries within MP.
    Is there any clear direction here at the moment?

I would also think many users would like linked videogalleries as an option.
    Perhaps as a new type of “Linked Video Galley” ?

thanx for listening
    j

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    larsik78 on #2098

Hi Brajesh,

just wanted to ask how are the plans for the migration-tool from bp gallery to mediapress? Will you release it yet in 2015?

Thanks for your work!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2101

Hi,
    The plan is still to release it in this month only. We are working hard on it. The work started on 16th of this month for the migrator.

I and in some part Ravi is doing all that we can do to get this and a few more things before the end of this month. My apologies for the inconvenience.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    larsik78 on #2122

Thank you for the quick response.

I’ll wait patiently!

Thank you again for the great work you´re doing!

The topic ‘Inviting Ideas for the best ever WordPress Gallery Plugin’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved