BuddyDev

Search

Issues with registration member types.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45301

Hi Ethan,
    Can you please tell me how the jobs etc links are being added? Also, which account do I switch to see the effect?

We do have a profile tabs plugin but your code and the plugin works in similar manner, so that would not solve the issue.

If I can see the issue, then hopefully the root can be found.

For the approval workflow, I believe that we will need to update member types pro. Please expect and update by day end tuesday for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Ethan Figliola on #45386

Please search users for ” ethanfiggs ” then switch to that user to see how it appears when then are logged in. Click all the bp tabs you will see the issue. Where the code blocking out tabs is working but still some tabs are being hidden that are not mentioned in the code. to be more specific the tabs still show up but just lead to a 404 error page. once all the code is commented out it reverts and we can see all the tabs again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45395

Hi Ethan,
    Thank you.
    I will be checking in the day and getting back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45414

Hi Ethan,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have been able to troubleshoot and find the issues.

The problem is if you remove one of the tabs created by BP Custom Profile Menu via code, It breaks all of the tabs created by that plugin.

The reason is when you remove a nav item, BuddyPress unregisters the associated callback(screen function). The plugin uses same callback for all the tabs(which is correct way) but if you remove one of them via code, It will break all of the tabs registered via that plgin.

If you comment this line

bp_core_remove_nav_item( 'job-listings' );

Like this

// bp_core_remove_nav_item( 'job-listings' );

The other tabs removal will work fine.

PS:- We haven’t been able to reproduce the activation issue you were facing. Going to give it another try this weekend and will update you on that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ethan Figliola on #45474

This does not resolve the issue please see the bp custom now and try to get it to work so some pages are hidden for actors and some are hidden for casting directors

• Participant
    Ethan Figliola on #45475

fyi member types breaks when you create A New profile Field Group and add fields under the group. seems like it only notices member types for registration if its under the primary group.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45536

Hi Ethan,
    I hope you are doing well.

I am sorry but I haven’t been able to assist you properly due to two different issues being discussed in a single topic.

If you can provide me again with the list of specific issues that you want me to look into, I can try it quickly today. Otherwise, I am happy to offer the refund.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ethan Figliola on #45539

Hi there can you please just try to hide some BuddyPress user profile tabs? and then I can see it working because when I block 1 tab they all are blocked still.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45543

Hi Ethan,
    Please check the site. I have temporarily disabled the “Notifications” menu only for the “Administrator role”.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ethan Figliola on #45544

Never mind i retract that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved