BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Language files not "taking"

  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Posts: 104
    Jan Anderson on #1521

    Still have some lines that are not translated here. Know issue or me being an idiot?
    thnx
    j

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1522

    Hi Jan,
    It could be some issue on my point( Not properly translating a few lines).
    Can you please post those here to allow me recheck it.

    Thank you
    Brajesh

  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Posts: 104
    Jan Anderson on #1526

    Examples quickly at least:

    “There are no galleries available!”
    “Gallery Title (Required)”
    “delete”
    “Description”
    “Publish”
    “Hide”
    “Title”
    “Photos”
    “Apply”
    “Bulk action”

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1528

    Hi Jan,
    Most probably you are using old languages file. These are all translatable strings in the current file.

    Which editor you are using to translate. If you are using poedit, it is very easy to update your translation file.

    Open your po file, Visit Catalog->Properties, then click on sources paths and delete the existing path. Add your own path for mediapress(file system path) and click ok. After that, Click Catalog->Updated from Sources. It will keep your old translation and add the new strings.

    Hope that helps.

  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Posts: 104
    Jan Anderson on #1529

    I am using latest PO edit on OS X.
    ALlhe strings are in there. The number of strings is the same as the US lang files. 389.

    I started again , just to make sure. Created a new .po file from the latest langfiles.
    Translated one line:
    “There are no galleries available!”

    And it does not take.
    I am out of ideas at the moment…
    thanx for your patience!
    Jan

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1530

    Hi Jan,
    That’s strange. Can you please mail me the translation file(po) to brajesh@buddydev.com
    Need to confirm the things. It may be a mistake at my end but I am unable to see the trouble.

  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Posts: 104
    Jan Anderson on #1531

    I have emailed you my po and mo files.
    I am sure it’s my mistake but I can’t spot it…
    thanx
    Jan

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1532

    Your file is correct. I can see the strings in your po file translated. I am looking further to pinpoint the issue.

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1536

    Hi Jan,
    Thank you fr your help.

    I will accept, It is a mistake on my part. In the poedit settings, I used _x, _ex which is not the right way to use there for context based translation. We will need to update our po file again with new source keywords.

    I will post that in around an hour( Going away, so will be posting in an hour).

    Thank you
    Brajesh

  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Posts: 22166
    Brajesh Singh on #1539

    Have mailed you the updated file. Also, I have pushed the changes on github.

    Please do consider upgrading MediaPress, we had an issue with user create gallery in last release. It is fixed now.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Language files not "taking"’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved