BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress Local Transcoder

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40886

Hi David,
    Thank you for the details. There is a simple solution for it. You need to remove shell_Exec command from the list of disabled functions.

Please have a look at this.
    https://support.cpanel.net/hc/en-us/articles/360051980414-How-to-modify-disable-functions-in-WHM-when-using-PHP-FPM

Please let me know if making that change makes the plugin work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David Dietz on #40887

That’s what I did already to enable shell_exec, but it didn’t change anything. It still doesn’t work. I also restarted Apache/PHP-FPM and the VPS itself. Still nothing…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40888

Thank you.
    Please clear the error log, then visit the WordPress dashboard and check the log again.

Is it showing some message there? There is a possibility that the change did not apply to the specific site. It happens when there are different versions of php enabled for sites.

Please see this.
    https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/disable-functions-in-php-configuration-easyapache-4.588947/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40894

That’s not it either. I had already disabled it for the specific domain (and globally) using that method.

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40895

So for the sake of trying everything, I installed another transcoder plugin called “Spreebie Transcoder” and activated it. When I went to the settings of that plugin, it has the status of “FFMPEG: Found”.

FFmpeg:

Server: Apache
    PHP: 7.3.31
    EXEC: ENABLED
    FFMPEG: FOUND

I believe it’s your plugin that is having the issue in my case.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40896

Hi David,
    Thank you for the reply.

After your reply, I checked the way “Spreebie Transcoder” checks for FFMPEG. There are 2 differences from us.

1. it uses ‘exec’ function instead of ‘shell_exec’. The difference is exec does not return a value while shell_exec returns a value.
    2. They run it on a dummy video included with their plugin to test, we reply on the output of shell_exec.

here is my guess for now:-

1. Either shell_exec is still disabled
    2. Or the plugin is not able to access the binary.

Since exec is able to run FFMPEG, I believe it is the first issue.

I need your php error log(or WordPress debug log) to see what error the plugin is throwing. Please provide that and I will assist.

As far as I understand, It is some simple issue and if debug log is available, we can easily resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40900

shell_exec is definitely not still disabled. I’ve checked and double-checked. I cleared my logs (both PHP and WordPress debug) this morning, and it’s not showing any new errors for either one.

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40901

I ran this in terminal, FYI:

grep disable_functions /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/etc/php.ini

and got this result:

disable_functions =

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40902

Hi David,
    Thank you.

That means the shell_Exec is working. Otherwise, there would have been fatal error like earlier.

Can you please provide me temporary access to your dashboard(preferably on staging environment if you are using one).

I will like to check a few things in the plugin and see if I can get the idea.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40903
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved