BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress Local Transcoder

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40904

Hi David,
    Thank you for the patience.

can you please upload a video and wait for few minutes and then check if it works. I will explain the issue after your testing is done.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David Dietz on #40905

IT WORKS! What was the issue you found?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40906

Hi David,
    Thank you for checking.

On your server, php is not allowed to execute the shell command “which”. We were using “which ffmpeg 2>/dev/null” and it failed. I ran some other command like ‘ls’ etc and they were working but it always failed.

I was aware that the FFMPEFG exists on the server, so I changed the call for process exists() to return true. that resolved it. Other commands had no such issue.

I further searched for why the which command was not available. PHP runes under the user your web server is running(most of the time www-data). Some of the OSs limit which command can be accessed by a less privileged user. It seems in your case ‘which’ was not allowed to be executed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40912

Okay, so I have a question with that being the case. Would it make sense for you to implement that code into your design as the default rather than what you have if it is more universally compatible? My concern is that you’ll release an update in the future rendering my setup broken. Thank you for your help!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40914

Hi David,
    Thank you.

We can not do it at the moment as it will be more trouble. I do have whm servers and I am going into the root cause in near future.

I will be most probably adding a filter on the exists check to allow it be bypassed(or an option to do so).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Dietz on #40915

That’s great. I appreciate your work. Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40916

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved