BuddyDev

Search

possibility with buddypress and your plugins

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Emile Bastings on #41602

Hi, i did try to mail you but had no answer yet so i try it this way:

I want to start a website or a sort community with information about musicians and bands. Musicians can register on the website and create their own profile.
    When user register on my website he should have some different tabs by default on his profile.
    – Biography
    – Discography
    o Subtab albums
    o Subtab singles
    o Subtab dvd
    – Bands
    – instruments
    – Photo/Video
    o Subtab photogallery
    o Subtab Video’s (youtube include)

I think this can be done with buddyPress? A user should also have the possibility to create a group (that group will be the band he played in)
    and that group should have some different tabs by default.

The user can invite other users to join the group and he should be able to modified/ fill in the tabs in that group.
    The default tabs are:
    – Biography
    – Discography
    o Subtab albums
    o Subtab singles
    o Subtab dvd
    – members
    – instruments
    – Photo/Video
    o Subtab photogallery
    o Subtab Video’s (youtube include)

I think this can also be done with buddyPress, Together with some plugins from your website?

But now….:
    – The Biography Tab is only a textpage with 1 intro-photo
    – The Discography Tab should show list with name of albums+date, then list of singles+date, then list of dvd+date. All these should be clickable to more info (tracklist, time, coverphoto’s, producer, musicians, instruments, label).
    To create such page the owner of the profile or group should see a button to click on and fill in a form or a template (tiny mce can handle templates?) and then save it. Then he can press button again to add another album and so on.
    – The photo/video Tab should be possible for a user to add photo’s with short description and youtube video’s.
    – On usersprofile Tab “Bands” this tab shows groups this user made or groups he is subscribe to.
    – On a Group, the Members Tab shows all user that subscribe to this group. Each member with years he was member of the band and what instrument he played.

My question is now; What do I need to make such website? BuddyPress and what plugins from your website? If ALL the above can be done with buddypress and a package of your plugins I prepair to buy that from you, but then I also need some help on set this up. I did give it a try already with youzify and buddypages but unfortunately that is not working fine.
    I hope you can help me soon and let me know what plugins I need from you or what a modification will cost. Thanks already!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41614

Hello Emile,

Thank you for contacting us. Have you looked at the following plugin:

// It allows site admin to create any number of profile tabs for users.
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-user-profile-tabs-creator-pro/

// It allows site admin to create any number of tabs for groups.
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/

Please check.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Emile Bastings on #41616

Yes i saw those 2 plugins. I have 5 questions regarding those 2 plugins , i hope you can answer them all:

Q1: If i, as admin, create some tabs. Will these tabs be created as default tabs by each new user? So if i (admin) create a tab ‘discography’ and a tab ‘biography’, will every new user have those tabs in his profile?

Q2: Can every user add text or whatever content they want in these tabs?

Q3: The same 2 questions for tabs in a group. If these tabs created, can the creator from a group fill in the content on those tabs as he wanted with text?

Q4: Is it the default tinymce editor that i use in wordpress that is showing when fill in the content of a tab? I’m asking because i want to use the ‘template’ function within tinymce.

Q5: is there a possibility that a user have only acces to his own files in the wordpresslibary

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41628

Hello Emile,

Thank you for looking at the plugins.

A1. The plugin does offer a setting when you are creating a New Tab i.e. “Add this tab for?” and “Tab Visibility” First setting allows site admin to enable tab for all users or certain WordPress roles and the second setting allows the site admin to set the visibility of the tab means a valid user can see the tab when they visit other user profile.

A2: No, Only the site admin can add the content for the tab. But we can use shortcodes to render dynamic content.

A3: With the current version of the plugin group admin is not allowed to add the content. But it also supports shortcode to render dynamic content.

A4: Plugin uses WordPress classic editor i.e. old WordPress editor to add tab content.

A5: Unable to understand this point correctly. By default, Media uploaded by a user have access to it except Site Admin.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Emile Bastings on #41631

Thanks Ravi,

A1 – clear
    A4 – clear

A5 – can user A see/edit all files in the medialibary that user B has uploaded?

A2 and A3:
    In wordpress i can create some more profile fields that a user can fill in:
    wp-admin/users.php?page=bp-profile-edit

Let’s say i have 3 fields that a user fill in:
    1: whats your favorite music
    2: whats your favorite food
    3: whats on top of your bucketlist

Can we generate a shortcode for field 1 and show that on a tab? A shortcode for field 2 and show that on another tab, and so on?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41632

Hello Emile,

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

For A2: We have a plugin that allows shortcode for render content from profile based on profile field or Field group

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-shortcodes

For A3: BuddyPress groups do not offer profile fields unless you are using any plugin

A5: Media uploaded in Media library viewable to the author where only administrator and editor can edit others media.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved