(BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41851
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41855

Hi Kyle,
    Thank you for the details.

If I change the “Featured Image Style” settings in your BuddyBoss theme, The meta becomes visible.

Will it be feasible to keep it that way(It affects the global archive page too).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kyle Wahlquist on #41856

Yes, that can change, but it doesn’t seem to be working on my end.

While the post list is pulling in more meta data, it is not the same as the meta that is specified in the form settings, specifically:

[bbl-meta key=”recipephoto”]

[bbl-meta key=”description”]

It is pulling in other meta though, including:

[bbl-meta key=”ingredients”]

[bbl-meta key=”directions”]

I am not sure why it is ignoring the meta provided, and pulling in other meta fields, but unless there is something I am not seeing in the form’s settings, this appears to be a bug in the form settings.

Thoughts?

Kyle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41869

Hi Kyle,
    I might have updated the meta while testing. Can you please re-check.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kyle Wahlquist on #41875

yeah, I had verified, but just looked at it again. It is pulling in different meta information. It also has a closing bracket that is not listed (supposing that is something from the code).

• Participant
    Kyle Wahlquist on #41876
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41877
  • Participant
    Kyle Wahlquist on #41878
  • Participant
    Kyle Wahlquist on #41901

Hi Brajesh, any update here?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41902

Hi Kyle,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have looked and found the issue.

1. You are using a custom post type(recipe) which does not support “content” or “excerpt” fields.
    2. In our BuddyBoss entry template, we call the_excerpt() if the $post->post_excerpt is empty(which is true for this post type)
    3. WordPress filters on the excerpt using “get_the_excerpt” and if the excerpt is empty, It use $post->post_content(after applying the_content) filter. Then trims the value to create new excerpt.

4. we are also using the filter “get_the_excerpt” to append/prepend the meta in posts loop and “the_content” filter to append meta on the single posts screen.

5. Due to the above filters, if you have added some meta to be displayed with post and post content is empty, that meta becomes the generated content and excerpt is created from that.

6. That’s why you are seeing some of the meta fields which you enabled for single post screen on the posts loop with the post loop meta.

If you do not want to support the content/excerpt in future for the Recipe post type, there is a simple solution. Override the posts list template for recipe posts type in your child theme(for BuddyBlog).

The other way is to have the custom excerpt support enabled and have the excerpt field customizable by the user. It won’t need any template override in the child theme.

Please let me know if you do not plan to ad the support for content/excerpt for recipe in future. i will supply the files then.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Post Meta Display Control Not Updated Post List’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved