BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] rtMedia Activity URL Preview plugin blocked by Community Builder theme?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Janet B on #35367

Although I have tried the Activity Plus Reloader plugin for this purpose I find it awkward. The paste functionality of rtMedia for links and uploads is better and more intuitive.

In addition, it allows me to place text either before or after the link, which I don’t think I can do with the Activity Reloader. That’s even more important.

Can rtMedia and Community Builder co-exist?

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35369

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for the question.

At the time of development, RT media did not allow uploading if the activity posting area was not using “textarea” tag. Community Builder 2.x uses content editable div for allowing user to post(It allows us to have a rich set of editing options).

I haven’t checked it currently but the change needs to be on RTMedia side. They need to avoid checking if the post area is “textarea” or not.

If you use Rt Media and enable auto posting(i.e when a media is selected, it posts to activity directly), that will work.

Please allow us to test again with current version of RT Media to see if the have changed the “textarea” requireemnt. If they did, we will support it as we did for earlier versions of Community Builder(1.x series).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35375
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Janet B on #35376
  • Participant
    Janet B on #35377
  • Participant
    Janet B on #35378

If I am understanding you correctly, perhaps you are referring to this snippet, which comes from their app|assets|js|rtm-url-preview.js file:

jQuery( '#whats-new-textarea' ).append( rtm_activity_url_preview.templates.rtm_url_scrapper_container( data ) );

However, that still seems to align OK with the activity stream code as rendered. It seems like the js is looking for #whats-new-textarea and it’s there. Am I missing something?

Janet

<div id="whats-new-content" class="bp-activity-post-contents clearfix">

<div id="whats-new-textarea" class="bp-activity-post-editor-container">
    			<div class="bp-suggestions bp-activity-post-editor" name="whats-new" id="whats-new" contenteditable="true" placeholder="What's new, Redacti?"></div>
    		</div><div class="bpfb_actions_container bpfb-theme-new bpfb-alignment-left"><div class="bpfb_toolbar_container"><a href="#photos" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add images" id="bpfb_addPhotos"><span>Submit images post</span></a>&nbsp;<a href="#videos" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add videos" id="bpfb_addVideos"><span>Add videos</span></a>&nbsp;<a href="#links" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add links" id="bpfb_addLinks"><span>Add links</span></a></div><div class="bpfb_controls_container"></div><div class="bpfb_preview_container"></div><div class="bpfb_action_container"></div><input type="button" id="bpfb_cancel_action" value="Cancel" style="display:none"></div><!--end of post editable container -->
    	</div>
  • Participant
    Janet B on #35379

I see that the #whats-new is a content-editable div within the #what-new-textarea tag. It seems that perhaps it is not so much that rtM is requiring a textarea tag as much as it is that the #what-new-textarea original div is merely a wrapper for a new #whats-new div where you are doing the actual editing. Is that correct?

Would it be reasonable to assume I could just modify the rtMedia plugin to look for this tag instead?

Janet

• Participant
    Janet B on #35380

Tried it. Sadly, no…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35387

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for your suggestions and the feedback.

I had a look at the RT Media and I am happy to inform that it will work fine with Community Builder(atleast for activity upload).

I will have more update about it next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35414

Thanks Brajesh! That’s good news. Looking forward to an update.

Keep in mind that the rtMedia Activity URL Preview add-on sits on top of their drag and drop media uploader.

How and where images land vs Mediapress seems like question that might need to be sorted out.

For our purposes, we’re focused on the URL preview but the broader media issue is probably more important to most.

Janet

The topic ‘ [Resolved] rtMedia Activity URL Preview plugin blocked by Community Builder theme?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved