BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] rtMedia Activity URL Preview plugin blocked by Community Builder theme?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Janet B on #35513

OK – I am trying to be patient. It is not your fault, but I have several weeks of frustation with rtMedia already under my belt 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35552

Hi Janet,
    A little update on this. It is a bit convoluted and taking some time on our end. We will need 2 days extra for this.
    Our main issue is the changes are breaking our goal of having a rich editing experience.

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- Do you just need the live preview feature from RT media addon or do you need the RT Media’s other features too ?

• Participant
    Janet B on #35577

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
    What I am most concerned about is the URL preview provided by the add-on.
    However, in is sort of a subset of the general idea of being able to paste a media file into the post, in the place you want in the text. As you know, as providers of MediaPress, the default BP and bbP plugins do not support media attachments by users to activities/topics.

The basic rtMedia plugin provides that functionality, allowing placement of the URL preview or image within the text as desired, with a paste. However, it also seems like I can do that with MediaPress as well – as long as I am only pasting an image, right?

I was trying to double-check, but I just discovered that I can’t post at all.

I wanted to attach a screenshot, but when you try to post, the progress circle in the lower left spins endlessly and the post is never saved. I tried it without the image and the same thing happened. I’ve not touched the site in several days, other than to deactivate rtMedia.

Have changes been made on your end?

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35613

Hi Janet,
    Thank you.
    I haven’t made any changes on your site.

It should be easier to get the preview ability support in the plugin without the need for RTMedia than supporting both immediately. I will update you again in next 2 days with the solution(not yet implemented).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35617

Hmmm. Well, there are no other plugins of significance on this site other than yours. I will dig deeper into what is preventing updates, since the rtMedia plugins are already disabled, that doesn’t leave much else. I know we were able to make posts until the middle of last week when we stopped development to see how this all played out.

• Participant
    Janet B on #35652

Just to cross reference with post #35624, the posting issue was related to the rate limiting plugin referred to there. Once deactivated, I can post normally, subject to the known issues with the rtMedia URL preview add-on.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35662

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for the update. That’s good to know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35677

Hello,

Do you have any update on this issue yet?

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35689

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for checking in.
    I am sorry, It is taking time. We have to partially rewrite our activity form and handler, and it is a bit complex as we do not want to break the experience for already existing users.

I am still working on it, please allow me couple more days.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35690

I appreciate your willingness to address the issue 🙂

Thank you,

Janet

The topic ‘ [Resolved] rtMedia Activity URL Preview plugin blocked by Community Builder theme?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved