BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Iain Claydon on #50063

Hi Brajesh,

I hope you are well?
    I remember you saying on another post that it was not currently possible for non-logged in users to add photos with MediaPress, but I was wondering if this was something that would be possible by request?
    My client has specifically asked for this functionality, and we are happy to sponsor the development cost. The project we are working on will require all our site’s users to be able to add photos to someone’s BuddyPress profile, so if this is possible please do let me know and we can liaise privately.

Best regards as always,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50090

Hi Iain,
    Thank you.
    Hope you are doing well too.

At the moment, we don’t have a way to allow non logged users to upload. WE may by pass it by attributing all uploads from non logged user to one of the pre designated user if that works.

It is doable if we go with that approach.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50092
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50094
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50128

Hi Brajesh,

It’s something we would need as soon as possible – if this is not do-able in the near future I’d need to look at alternative media solution for my buddypress site, if there is one.

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50137

Hi,
    I am sorry, we can’t prioritise it immediately. You may been to look for alternative solution for now.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50149

Hi Brajesh

Thanks for your reply, maybe it’s something you could think about in the future as it would be a useful addition if a user profile owner wanted to allow guest uploads. Definitely should be a profile owner option, not by default.

On another note, can you advise how I can set up MediaPress default view to just be a grid of photos? My client doesn’t want albums, just wants a user to click Photos tab and see them all in a grid. Is this possible?

Many thanks,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50185

Hi Iain,
    Thank you.

We will consider it in future.

At the moment, you can achieve the vew by overriding template.
    This page details an example on how to override template.

https://buddydev.com/mediapress/mediapress-basics/overriding-mediapress-activity-upload-icons/

Also, we have almost similar goal achieved in this topic.
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/mediapress-media-loop-instead-gallery-loop/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50222

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I couldn’t follow the threads and ended up creating a critical error, so I removed the code. I must have been doing something wrong of course. I think this is the key part?

<?php mpp_get_template( ‘gallery/loop-gallery.php’ ); ?>

If you could help to point me in the correct direction as to what to change and where that would be amazing.

On a side note, because a visitor can’t upload to MediaPress, is it therefore possible for a user to complete just short “lite” login procedure (Username + password) rather than complete the entire form that a full member would need to complete? This is because some people may not need all features of my site (this is a memorial site for people who have lost someone) BUT still need to login to be able to add photos to someone’s profile.
    I’m thinking on the “extended-profile” is there a way for an option to be added that would complete the register process without needing to fill in all details if they are not applicable. Does this make sense?

Any help is much appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50224

Hi Iain,
    You are welcome.

Please replace the content of gallery/gallery-loop.php file with the the code from this post
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/mediapress-media-loop-instead-gallery-loop/#post-2673

That would do it.

For the user registration, Please feel free to use any WordPress plugin. all of them would work.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved