BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Iain Claydon on #50242

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for this code snippet. It works to a point but I lose the ability to add new photos, I just have options for edit or delete.
    Is there anything I need to add to the code?

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50247

Hi Iain,
    Thank you.
    I see your point. I am not sure of the UI as you are replacing gallery page with Media loop.

Do you have only one gallery per user? There might be a solution if that’s the case.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50270

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for that, have updated loop-gallery.php however I lose the ability to upload new photos. Can you advise the code to allow photo upload that I could add to that code above? Only edit or delete is available, but we also need add new as well.

Kind regards,
    Iain

p.s. the registration question is still a headache but this is not the correct post for that one, this being mediapress.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50292

Hi Iain,
    Please include this line somewhere on that page

mpp_get_template( 'gallery/manage/upload-form.php' );

That should load the media upload form.

Thank you for the thought about registration.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50297

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for that, perfect, I was trying to locate such a template but just couldn’t find it. I’ve placed in the loop-gallery.php.

I’ve made a note of the code so I can update the template with each Mediapress update.

Regarding the second reg form, this is fine, I added another form, I was just concerned there would be a conflict with the existing BuddyPress form which I need to maintain.

Many thanks,
    Iain

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50299

Hi again Brajesh,

Add the above code does display the media upload template, but I get the following error when I try to upload:

“The gallery is not selected” – I guess it’s trying to attach to a gallery, but we only want to add to the media list.

Is there another piece of code required to enable upload?

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50308

Hi Iain,
    Thank you for the details.
    It seems the gallery_id is not being read correctly.

I will test it sometime today and write back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50312

Hi Brajesh,

Ok, no problem, I’ll await your feedback

Thanks,Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50329

Hi Iain,
    My apology for the delay.

Here is a better idea.
    Please remove the line that includes the upload form.

Instead, put this code

<?php echo do_shortcode('[mpp-uploader]');?>

It will allow users to select a gallery to upload(if they have multiple gallery) and will work as expected.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50339

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the new code snippet, this is really close!
    Just a couple of observations:

1. is there a possibility to choose the default album (We won’t more than 1 album, just a photo grid) rather than the select list “please select a gallery”?

2.Before the photo grid, a visitor sees the words “Sorry, you are not allowed to upload here.” as a pseudo element (:before) – and it shifts the photos across a column width – I can’t locate this text in the files to remove, and I can’t get CSS to remove it either. I won’t need this line of text so would like to remove it.

3. General question about content refresh with MediaPress/BuddyPress – I have to manually clear cache each time there is a page update, however members will need to see instant content refresh. Do you know the best way to achieve auto page refresh when uploading new media or BuddyPress content? I’ve read through some other posts but can’t see an answer. I’m using litespeed at the moment but happy to change.

Many thanks as always,
    Iain

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved