BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Iain Claydon on #50509

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for coming back on this one.
    I am somewhat confused, as the title of my thread is “Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor” – so it’s clear that is the requirement I’m after. My site relies on the sharing of a profile link and the visitor then logs in as a subscriber (because they can’t upload when not logged in) and is then able to add to a gallery. This must be possible surely? Those that join the site are not going to have admin rights, nor would I want them to.

If I could use “mpp_get_template (‘gallery/manage/upload-form.php’);” instead, is it possible to add the select gallery drop down to this template, as this would be a work around. Then at least when someone has created a gallery the visitor could then select it. Is this do-able?

Many thanks as always,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50510

Hi Iain,
    Please see my reply here
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/uploading-to-mediapress-as-a-visitor/#post-50090
    and
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/uploading-to-mediapress-as-a-visitor/#post-50137

You used this topic for another purpose(showing list of the media on gallery page)
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/uploading-to-mediapress-as-a-visitor/#post-50149

and our discussion was limited to that.

So, I am not sure where did you get the context that the uploader will allow visitors to upload.

As mentioned earlier, this will need custom development. You need to grant users permission to upload to other’s gallery. Doable – yes, out of the box:- No.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50511

Hi Brajesh,

It is easy to get onto other requirements in a thread, it did start out though as wanting a visitor to upload to another profile. I do realise this isn’t possible, so I added an extra register form thinking a ‘subscriber’ could add to someone else’s gallery. This is the bit that is crucial for my client. If this is doable, what would the steps be to achieve this?

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50522

Hi Iain,
    Thank you for the reply.

You need to filter to filter on mpp_user_can_upload filter to allow upload permissions.
    It may need changes in some other permissions too. Please see mediapress/core/mpp-permissions.php for the way to use it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #50553

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the advice, I tweaked the file to say:
    function mpp_user_can_upload
    is_user_logged_in
    $can_do = true

This now allows all those logged in to upload to a gallery whilst retaining edit/delete rights for admin and owner only.

I hope this post helps other users, we are all trying to help with the buddypress and mediapress development.

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50559

Hi Iain,
    Thank you for sharing. It will be useful for people looking for similar features.
    I am glad your issue is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Uploading to MediaPress as a visitor’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved