I have added user tabs and added content to them.
When I create the user tab I select the user I want to assign it to as the author.
I place the shortcode in the user tab along with the content I want to add.
I set the user tab to Author and to be visible to Everyone.
But then it shows up for all users listed as Author, not the user I assigned to the author in the profile tab creation.
How can I assign the tab to one user not a TYPE of user?
Thank you very much.
Sorry if this is not so clear.
Thank you for the question.
I am assuming you are using dynamic tab content plugin with profile tabs.
T%he dynamic content plugin limits what is visible to the user(content). It does not restrict the tab.
If you have added tab and scoped it to Author role, it will appear on all author roles but the content will be only visible for the users form whom you have created the content and set them as author.
is it behaving differently?
I think I am maybe just a bit confused about how to set it to one single user.
USER TAB CONTENT – Assign SIMON (Example) as the author. Copy generated shortcode.
PROFILE TAB – Please the shortcode and desired content.
How do I make sure that only shows up on SIMON’S profile as a tab?
Thank you and sorry if I am confused.
I see the issue. The shortcode is same for all user. It does not restricts tab, it restricts tab content.
Please allow us 2 working days, we will make it easier. You will not need dynamic content plugin as we will allow you to scope the tab to specific users.
I will update you by Tuesday.
hope you are doing well.
I am sorry, I am a day delayed on this.
I have it implemented but I do need some help from you on a decision.
Here is what I am doing.
1. If there are no roles selected and we have specified some scoped users, the tab is enabled only for these users.
2. If ‘None’ is selected, the tab is always deleted. It get scoped to deletion of tab for specific users if the users are associated with tab.
3. If ‘All Members’ is selected and also some users are associated with tabs, what should we do? should we show tab for all users. should we show tab for scoped users only?
4. If One or more roles are selected and some users are associated with the tabs, should we show tabs for all users with the specified roles + scoped users or all users specified in the scope list which have those roles?
Please help me with the last two question and I will push the release.
Thank you for writing.
I worry that I am not really aware enough for dev purposes to be useful.
I can only try to offer my thoughts.
3. if it is for all members, that is essentially making a way to add sitewide user profiles. Do you have another plugin for that already? If not, that would be really useful to add here!
4. I think option 2 allows a way to narrow it down. So if it is Instructors (role) and only these three instructors (scoped) that would be helpful for me.
Does that help at all?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.