Thank you for your patience.
please upgrade to 1.3.3
Here is the current behaviour:-
If a tab is scoped to some of the user(users are specified in the scope):-
– If “None” is selected in roles
– If it is an existing tab, the tab will be removed for associated users
– If tab is new, it won’t be added for anyone
– If any other role is selected in enabled for
– If it is an existing tab, It will only be updated for associated users
– If it is a new tab, It will only be added for associated users
In other words, If there are associated users and a role other than “None” is selected, the role has no effect on the availability of the tab.
I am sorry I don’t understand how to use this to show a tab on a single user profile.
The scope selection does not seem to find any members (just spins and comes up blank).
Also, I am unclear about all the other settings. It is a bit complicated.
1) I create a new User Tab Content (?) which generates a shortcode and I select the user as the author.
or is that no longer neccisary?
2) Then I create a new Profile Tab and add the shortcode?
3) Then I select the scoped user (not currently working)?
Sorry, I am having trouble.
4) Then I am unclear about setting Add This Tab For and Tab Visibility
I am sorry if it is confusing.
1. You do not need the dynamic content plugin as you can create tab for specific users.
My suggestion will be to use dynamic content when creating for all users of a role if limiting the tab to small number of specific users, tab scoping is better suited.
– You can add the shortcode and it will work fine with scoping. It is just an extra step if you need that for only few users. In this case, you can simply put the content on the tab edit page itself.
It will be better if you can tell me your use case( Are you creating new tab/updating exiting ones, Is it limited to some users or will it apply to all users?). That will help me provide you with better assistance.
Thank you for the reply.
In your use case, the best would be to use the dynamic tab.
1. Please create a dynamic tab shortcode and copy it
2. Please create a tab and put the shortcode there and then scope this tab to the specific users.
3. Please add new tab contents from dynamic tab and set these users as author. Make sure to assign the posts the same category that you selected while creating the shortcode.
That would give you maximum flexibility with just 1 profile tab entry.
PS:- If you have a staging site, Please provide me temporary access and I can setup it for you.
My apology for missing your issue with the user selection in scope.
is there any chance you have restricted access to wp-admin? the code uses wp-admin/admin-ajax.php to serve suggestions and that should be whitelisted.
Do you have a public instance? If yes, Please provide me temporary access and I can check and assist you resolve it quickly.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.