- lavish on August 14, 2016 at 5:17 am in reply to: Assign Member Type based on BuddyPress xProfile field value #5089
I have a few question too. It will be so kind of you if you please answer :
1 – Will your loop or db query affect the existing members only? I hope so because I will be inviting a new lot of people to join my site. These people will be registering under yet another 2 new Member Types (already created). And the Male / Female field will be serving them too. So our loop / db query should not affect any future members.
2 – Is there any way to hide certain member type(s) from member directory and searches performed by bp profile search plugin? I by the way use an old code provided by you to hide certain members. I still use it to hide every member I want to hide. However, because now we can keep all such members in a Member Type, I thought you may suggest a different code.
3 – Is there a way to show Member Type under avatar in bbPress replies?
I have a few ideas too to share, please let me know if I should share.
Thank you again
- lavish on August 14, 2016 at 4:59 am in reply to: Assign Member Type based on BuddyPress xProfile field value #5088This reply has been marked as private.
Why not create a new menu item as a custom link? Just go to yousite-com/wp-admin/nav-menus.php, choose primary menu and add a new menu item (custom link).
The link should be – yoursite-com/wp-admin/post-new.php and name as per your wish
FYI – I am not official support here, I am only a user. Just sharing what I would do if I had to do it.
- lavish on August 11, 2016 at 9:16 am in reply to: [Resolved] insert 'BP Member Type Phrase' in Meta Title #5025
Sorry guys, seems the culprit is my theme. I am now talking to the theme developer.
Sorry to bother you.
- lavish on August 11, 2016 at 8:29 am in reply to: [Resolved] insert 'BP Member Type Phrase' in Meta Title #5023
Guys please help me with this as soon as you can. I have just discovered that in spite of the member type phrase being inserted in the title which does show in the browser tab, it is not an H1 title!!
Here is how it is showing in the source code –
<title>Member Type Phrase – Member Name – Site Name</title>
There is an another H1 tag in the source which is shown as –
<h1 class="entry-title"> Member Name</h1>
Can you guys please help me have the inserted phrase to be a part of title that has H1?
Thank you very much
- lavish on August 10, 2016 at 3:48 am in reply to: Feedback / Request : BP Member Type Generator + Conditional Profile Fields #5019
Awesome! I will be grateful. Thank you very much 🙂
- lavish on August 6, 2016 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Feedback / Request : BP Member Type Generator + Conditional Profile Fields #4974
Can you help me with a temporary fix until there comes an update?
The recap :
‘Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress’ is not working for ‘Multi Select Box’. There might be other type of fields too that may not be working with the plugin.
Let me rephrase the issue :
If there is a multi select box field that I want to hide based on a previous choice by the users, the multi select box doesn’t go away.
Thank you Brajesh for the code. I just tried and it seems that it is equivalent to disabling MailGun.
After adding the code :
1 – The emails are being sent from host assigned email [firstname.lastname@example.org via xxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxx.theservername.xxx]
2 – Activation emails are (randomly) not delivering again
3 – It seems, mails sent during the use of code are not part of logs in MailGun dashboard. So, mails ain’t routing via MailGun
- This reply was modified 6 years ago by lavish.
I am using MailGun for WordPress plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailgun/. Can you recommend me some other email solution, that’s free to use and doesn’t break bp html email format?
This may throw some light on the issue – https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-emails-default-text/#post-254255
Thank you 🙂