- Propertytips on February 20, 2019 at 3:29 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Default Home Tab for Groups #21019
Thank you so much, Brajesh.
So if i go into the custom field of each post and enter the following
under name I enter
and under value,
_bcg_group_id (the id number of the group for the post)
entering under name
and then under value, I enter 1
Will that sort my problem out?
- Propertytips on February 19, 2019 at 9:40 am in reply to: [Resolved] Default Home Tab for Groups #20993
Thank you so much Brajesh, …. This works absolutely so well for me… just what I wanted for the protection of my blogs.
I believe this snippet will be very useful for other people using the “categories for group blog” plugin. (deserves to be in code snippets section)
I can now have home pages for my groups
I create the groups as public groups but Members still have to request permission (using the “Alternative Public Group Control plugin”)
Your snippet ensures that non members cannot read the blog even if they see the excerpts of the group anywhere on the site
Voila… the group post are protected!!
The only thing left for me to do is get the blog items that were created before the groups protected.
Can you please tell me if there is a way to identify group post that were created from the “front end” and the ones that were created from the “admin panel” in the PhpMyAdmin panel…
and if there is anything I can add in the phpmyadmin panel to convert each post created in the admin panel so that they behave as if it was created from the group blog.
This will help convert some of my old blogs into full group blogs…. making them protected too
I don’t mind going through each post in the phpmyadmin to add a couple of lines
- Propertytips on February 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Default Home Tab for Groups #20981
The blog is part of the main site too at the moment… as I list the excerpts of the groups on the sidebar to encourage other members to get a taster of what they can enjoy by signing up for the group
If the other site users click on the excepts and get a message that they need to sign up with the group to access the post… that will be so cool
- Propertytips on February 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm in reply to: Enable Administrator Post To Certain Category In Group Post #20980
Let me tell you what I have done for now to get round the problem… not perfect… but I do get round the problem for now
I have a group called “catfish group”
I have 3 categories that I want to attach to a private group
Category 1 – I want catfish group members to be able to post content
Category 2 – I want catfish group members to be able to post content
Category 3 – I as the admin want to post to this section but I dont want catfish group members to be able to post here although they should have read access.
I want the members of the catfish group to be able to see and be able to read all the post from the 3 categories however I dont want any catfish group member to post to category 3.
** What I have done so far to achieve what I want **
I created a custom post type called “Blog” and set up the following BLOG categories
Category XX (I left “XX” unticked )
– subcategory 1 (I ticked “1” to enable members to post to)
– subcategory 2 (I ticked “2” to enable members to post to)
– subcategory 3 ( left “3” unticked – this is for Admin post)
I use the “Blog categories for Groups plugin” with the option to “Link to normal site blog post page.”
I use the menu to show CATEGORY XX as the Catfish Group Blog Page
Since Category XX is displayed using the menu… and because it is a main category all the post in sub category 1, 2 and 3 show up on the Category XX Page
** THE RESULTS **
Catfish Group Members can only post to category 1 and 2 but not category 3 or XX
Catfish Group Members can read all the post from category 1, 2 and 3
Group post in 1 and 2 post are both protected since they were ticked as the catfish group category to post to
Category XX and Category 3 are unprotected
This work around is too long and I have to do the same thing for the other 5 groups I have.
*** The Proposed Solution***
A code that we could enter into the bp-custom section that restrict an array of a group of blog category ids that the group members cannot post to … maybe something that restricts users that dont have admin rights
A better alternative will be in the admin panel section… where you can write in a list of categories that members cannot post to but maybe admins can post to.
Hope my explanation is understandable…. a little bit long winded ,,, but difficult to explain…haha
- Propertytips on February 17, 2019 at 9:40 pm in reply to: Enable Administrator Post To Certain Category In Group Post #20963
Just bumping this topic… Is there a way I can stop members submitting content to a number of categories that I have linked to the group?
- Propertytips on February 17, 2019 at 12:29 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Default Home Tab for Groups #20962
Thanks for the response, Brajesh.
What about if I made the groups “public” and use the method suggested by imath using the “Alternative Public Group Control plugin”?
I seem to be able to get the home page to display for all “Public groups” using this method and members have to request to join the group before they can see all the other tabs
The only problem I have is how to protect my “group blog”. Although the blog tab is removed in the buddypress area… the contents of the group blog are still accessible .
I have a blog for each of the groups using the “blog categories for group plugin” which I have achieved by using the setting “Link to normal site blog post page”
Is there a way that I can still protect the blog content… so that if you are not a member of a particular group… you cannot read the full content of the article.
…so if you are in group A … you cannot read group B blog except you join
I hope I am clear with my explanation of what I am trying to achieve
- Propertytips on February 8, 2019 at 3:52 pm in reply to: [Resolved] BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro – Conflict #20803
I have uploaded the updated version (1.0.8) and everything is now fine.
Many thanks for your help
- Propertytips on February 8, 2019 at 12:44 am in reply to: [Resolved] BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro – Conflict #20783
Thank you very much for taking the time to help investigate the problem.
Looking forward to the updates.
- Propertytips on February 7, 2019 at 9:12 pm in reply to: [Resolved] BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro – Conflict #20779This reply has been marked as private.
- Propertytips on February 7, 2019 at 3:56 pm in reply to: [Resolved] BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro – Conflict #20770
I am using WordPress verion 5.03
Its a multisite and i have define( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, true );
I can private message you with details of login access for my test site if you so wish