Have you noticed that we have improved our support drastically recently? Well, For the last two years, we did not do it properly and It feels good to be back and doing what We should have done long ago. In other words, I just want to apologize for our lazy support for last 2 years. In last two years,.
A lot of things have happened. Sometimes, I just did not feel like working at all. Personal tragedies, professional setbacks and financial issues, It seems I have seen almost everything. Anyway, Things have changed for good. I am more energetic, much more happy and feeling good now. I will like to thank my colleague and good friend @anusharma for helping me and standing by me in all these testing times. I am not sure where things would have gone without her constant motivation. I am fortunate to have her as my colleague.
Now, Let me tell you about some changes we are going to implement on BuddyDev as well as in our working ethics.
Change that will matter:-
1. A New revamped BuddyDev website to reflect our motto & goals
On Sunday, 25th March, we will be revamping BuddyDev website and implementing the first phase of our planned changes. There is a whole new site that we have developed for a few months. It is supposed to make things easier for everyone and I am hopeful that you will love it. We have focused on information accessibility as much as possible. Here are a few screenshots:-
The site is fully functional, the only issue remaining is to fix it for the IE browser. Can you guys suggest about the minimum IE version we should support?
2. We are changing the overall support experience
- The goal is to provide the professional support in a real time bound manner( which we haven't been doing for so many months )
- Increase community participation by rewards
- Build a knowledge base for most common things asked normally( The docs site is ready and integrated
3. Changing the pricing model:-
- The membership model will change from Tuesday. We are removing 3 membership options and changing the basic prices ( there will be a $30, 30 days membership though )
- You can buy individual themes/plugins and all purchase will include support via priority private ticket system.
- Existing members plan will work until they expire( We have other ways to cover any extra for you)
4. To apologize for our mistakes and to show you that we care:-
- We will refund your 100% membership fee if you want( We have been doing it in past too )
- We will give you 1 month extra membership cover if you don't want a refund
- If you have sent me a mail in last two months for anything I haven't replied, Please pardon my mistake and shoot me another mail. I have seen a few mails related to free access but I was not able to reply to a few of you. If you still need that, please shoot me an email at brajesh at cosmiccoders.com
5. Action Plan:-
- 6 Hours Reply guarantee on forum( that's the maximum, we will try to minimize it to 30 mins)
- We are converting blog into 4 major sections and we will be posting regularly( 3-4 posts) a week. Make sure that you are subscribed to the updates
- For critical issues, we will be available on skype to help anyone who needs instant support.
- We will use all social channels effectively to reach you, understand your requirements and assist you to the best of our ability
- There are a few more things which I will let you know on Tuesday after the update.
- I have set a sales target of 8000 sales in next 6 months. To achieve that, we are mending our ways, and we will be doing our best to win you hearts.