Introducing Bp Mag Classic: A Bp Mag child Theme with vertical nav for your BuddyPress Based Sites
BP Mag classic is a premium theme for BuddyPress based sites. It is built over the solid framework of BP Mag. So, by default, it inherits all the benefits of BP Mag Framework.
Bp Mag Classic theme brings back the vertical navigation for BuddyPress components(For example profile/groups/achievements/events/Links etc)
I guess, the best way to show the features is to show some screenshot. But wait, I have yet to list the features. So, here goes features list.
- You get 6 layout options
- Fixed width layout
- Fluid width layout
- Content/Sidebar orientation
- Sidebar Content Orientation
- No Sidebar(single column option)
- Combine the last 3 options with the first 2 and you get at least 6 combination. Please check this page for more details on the layout.
- Vertical Navigation on all the BuddyPress Components
- Vertical User Navigation
- Vertical Group Navigation
- Vertical Event Navigation(If you are using EventPress or Jet event system for BuddyPress)
- Vertical BP Links navigation
- Vertical Achievements Navigation
- and the list continues for all the supported components
- Flexible Admin Option
- Up to 2 top multilevel drop down menus(You can show/hide both)
- You can opt for WordPress 3.x custom menu or Build the menu from Categories/pages or use BuddyPress default navigation
- logo upload from backend
- color/background change from backend
- Customizing footer from backend.
- and a few more options
- All BP Mag Features
- and finally some funky css3 effects which will get better with each release
There is basically one difference between bp-mag and Bp mag classic, The BP mag classic has a vertical navigation while BP Mag has the horizontal navigation.
Now let us see some screenshots in action:-
Fixed width 2 column(Content/Sidebar layout):-
Fixed Width 2 Column Sidebar/Content layout
Fluid Width Content/Sidebar Layout:-
The same applies to other components as well. Let us see a couple of examples:-
In case you are using Paul's Achievement-
There are many other component Like BuddyPress links etc supported by Bp Mag. Please check all the supported major BuddyPress components which require theming here. Those all will have vertical navigation with Bp mag classic.
Download & Details: https://buddydev.com/themes/bp-mag-classic/
Hope you will like.
PS: This week we will have around 4-5 more child themes coming. The new child themes are specially designed to make it look cool. So, keep visiting the BuddyDev for upcoming child themes.
Will it be possible to put widgets underneath the vertical menu?
No, the classic theme currently does not allow to put the widgets under vertical nav. I did not put that because it looked awkward on my system. We are not sure of the height of the vertical menus, so the widgets get pushed downwards and makes it look a little bad. We still have the sidebars on all the pages, so you can assign the menu there.
If there is a few comments on needing widgets under the vertical nav, I will put that in the update. But I don't think that as a good idea.