BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog pro suggestions

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50464

Hi @Brajesh!

I am really enjoying this plug in. It is awesome!

I have a small request I hope you might help me with. I am using the plugin to let my users upload their architecture projects on their profiles and build a PORTFOLIO. Sometimes a project is designed buy multiple authors. It would be great if a user could add other users as co-authors among the post fields. And once is published, the project appears on all authors profiles.

Is there a way to do this? Any code or extra plugins that could help me achieving this?

THANK YOU!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50473

Hi Marco,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

I understand your use case but it is a bit difficult to achieve without custom development.

We can add a user field where users may select other user. That is the easy part.

The difficult part is listing posts on profile for these users. Even WordPress allows one author. Our current logic is to display the posts of that user.

For your use case, It will need to change that probably tracking collaborators in a custom table will allow listing posts on their profile.
    I am sorry, that is a very good use case but beyond what we can support with this plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50480

Hi Brajesh,

really appreciate your insights on this! Two questions:

1) By using a plug in like this one, I would be able to have multiple authors in WP – but this won’t be enough, I suppose? (https://wordpress.org/plugins/publishpress-authors/)

2) In case custom work would be necessary, is this a kind of service you guys offer? In case, could you share more info about possible pricing for such a development?

thank you,

best,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50482

Hi Marco,
    Thank you.
    1. I had a look at that plugin. It handles multiple author by creating a custom taxonomy “author” instead of working with the real user. It may work (not 100 sure as I had a cursory look only, still need to change he template loops) but I find it not suitable for your use case.

2. You can get it done from us or you can get it done on Codeable or Upwork. Our fee is USD $100/hr(with a minimum of 5 hours commitment required).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved