BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog pro suggestions

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bruno Verrier on #35991

Hi Brajesh,
    I meant that I used it in WP/BP environment but not in BuddyBoss platform.
    Ragards
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36016

Hi Bruno,
    Thank you.
    The plugin is for BuddyPress(and supports BuddyBoss platform too).No need to use BuddyBoss platform if you are using it with BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    sierra on #36062

Desperately needs ACF support, or the ability to select single taxonomies from dropdown like ACF.
    Being able to create a blank page that you can put a shortcode in would also be a lifesaver for me and several projects

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36067

Hi sierra,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Thank you for your interest in the plugin. I appreciate the suggestion.

Can you please point me to a resource showing the single taxonomy field with ACF? We will be glad to have it quickly.

We are still weighing having ACF support on front end. Even if it comes in future, we will our own custom fields support too for users who need it. We have added support for displaying custom fields in our latest release and our next goal is to work on the field types.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    sierra on #36107

ACF actually allows the use of checkboxes, single select drop-down, multiple select, and radios. so seeing this with buddyblog would be amazing.

also, is there a way to change the single post template to work with elementor templates? my boss has been making us get this to work, and we are having a hard time. The template for default posts is okay at best with our buddyboss theme so we would like to spice things up with a builder. any input on how to make this work?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36112

Hi sierra,
    Thank you for the reply.

We already have the options for

1. select dropdown
    2. Radios
    3. Checkboxes

For specific help with them, Please open a new topic.
    The plugin uses default blog layout form your theme(BuddyBoss in your case). So, the look and feel are inherited from theme.
    As of elementor template is concerned, I am not sure how do you want to use it. Do you want to allow your users to create layout sing elementor template? At the moment, we don’t have anything like that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    sierra on #36115

Yes, but you don’t have the ability to use them with taxonomies like I am asking you to create. You only have the ability to use checkboxes for taxonomies.

• Participant
    sierra on #36116

As for Elelementor, what I would to do is use the CPT template we are using with elementor- but display it as the single post page form the buddy press menu. For instance http://www.example.com/members/example-user/view/post-id- we would liek to change this single post template to use the elementor one we have created instead. We have about 30 custom fields for journal entries and use elementor to display all the data in a friendly way.

Being able to change the template to our liking is a must in 2021 imo. We have noticed that we can change the template in buddyboss-theme/buddyblog/buddyboss/default/single.php but are unsure how to insert the shortcode due to being php newbs. Native support for builders like this would be a very nice addition.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36129

Hi sierra ,
    Taxonomies are not custom fields. Taxonomy has a different relation with post. We have checkbox view and we will give you the single/multiple drop down(not sure about radio yet) in next couple of release. It is already planned.

The single page is a simple WordPress post. The problem is if you have it enabled on profile, the layout /template is controlled by BuddyPress/BuddyBoss not us. We only utilize a part of that screen to show our content. I am not aware of any builder plugin that suports layout for BuddyBoss profile page at the moment.

You can still use elementor template(hopefully) if you disable the display of single post on profile and use it as normal post.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39281

Hi Tosin,
    Hope you are doing well.

We have added one of your suggestions to BuddyBlog Pro. You can allow users to create/edit posts from standalone page instead of the user profile.

https://buddydev.com/better-user-submitted-posts-for-buddypress-buddyboss-with-buddyblog-pro/

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved