BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network – troubleshooting set up

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28709

Hi,
    Can you please check now. Is the redirect working as expected or still not working?

PS:- BuddyPress Multi network uses a separate table for listing users in directory. It does not re-enforce it at any other place.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    hangojango on #28711

Hi Brajesh,

It all seems to be working great now.

Yesterday (before we removed your code due to roll back), no visitors could even see the subsite’s login page because it immediately directed everybody to the no-login page.

This time round, all visitors can see the login page, as expected. Members can log in but non-members (who are registered elsewhere on the network) are redirected to the no-login page. Great. Unregistered visitors (who don’t have a username or password but try anyway) just remain on the login page without passing through, as expected.

So thanks again. I am now looking for a way to add the troubleshooting fee to a shopping cart so I can pay the USD$50 but I don’t see it – just a contact form on the troubleshooting page. Please advise.

Also, in case I have to roll-back to previous version in future (if there are any future plugin conflicts), I don’t want to lose your code. Is it all in the bp-custom.php file? (If so, I will just copy this to local drive as back up.) Or was code added elsewhere as well?

Cheers.

• Participant
    hangojango on #28712

PS: I may have other small tasks to tidy up if you are interested…. But I will use the contact form on the Troubleshooting page to raise them, since they would not be related to your BP Multi-network plugin.

• Participant
    hangojango on #28713

Oh, actually there is a problem with the redirection…. Once I have been redirected, I cannot go back to the subsite login page. I am assuming this is due to a cookie. As a result, I do think it would just be simpler to remove redirection all together. So long as the non-member cannot access the subsite, that’s all that matters.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28734

Hi,
    I am sorry but there is no such code to stop a person from re visiting the sub site.

To visit a sub site:-
    – A user must be member of that sub site
    – Or they must not be logged in.

There is no other restrictions I am applying. If you are unable to revisit the sub site, is it because you are logged as a network user who is not a member?

Please check.
    If you want I can remove the redirection completely. Please do note that BuddyPress does not restrict non members form posting to activity and BuddyPress multi network only allows creating separate stream/listing, Does not restrict either.
    So, removing redirect will be like allowing non members to post.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    hangojango on #28764

Hi Brajesh,

It sounds like keeping the re-direction is essential, otherwise activity posts could be shared across sites.

I will instead just put a note on the no-login page to advise them to clear browser cache if they wish to try logging in again after contacting subsite Admin for membership.

Thanks for your help.

Let me know steps forward to reimburse you as discussed.

Cheers.

• Participant
    hangojango on #28765

PS, in case that wasn’t clear, I will keep the code as it is, including redirection.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28766

Hi,
    Thank you.

I am still not sure why you can not go back to the sub site login after being redirected(obviously you need to logout first to login as a member of the sub site).

I do not think it has anything to do with caching. Please re-investigate.

About the payment, I will share the details in next private message.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28767
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    hangojango on #28816
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network – troubleshooting set up’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved