- Eric LUCAS on September 28, 2019 at 9:58 pm in reply to: BuddyBlog: How to have the members of a group informed about new posts ? #25550
Hello, ok thanks a lot for the explanation.
But if we put aside the subject or “BuddyPress activity”, is there a way to
– publish a post in several groups, Im mean exactly like what you have done with the categories, but instead of categories, we would select groups (by typing the first letters) ?
– or any other way to post informations to selected groups, in such a way that they would receive an email notification (not with the “activity”).
I just want to publish some “announcements” of volunteering needs in various groups easily. Im’ using the BuddyBlog for this, but maybe it’s not the best way. Maybe I should post the adds directly in each activity thread of each group I want, but it takes time. It’s better to selec boxes or groups inside the post. You system with BuddyBlog is very good for that, because I affect categories to groups, and I just have to check the categories that I want, before publishing a post. But the only problem is that no one is aware of this, because people don’t spend their time checking the “Blogs” tab just to see whether maybe there is something new.
Or maybe it would be possible to develop a simple script that would run permanently and detect if there is a new post for a group, and put that in the activity. But it seems difficult, since the link between the post and the group is through the categories. That’s why I was wondering wether you can add a way to make an association with groups and/or categories instead of “only” categories. If it is possible, maybe it would make the plugin even more flexible and richer.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Eric LUCAS.
- Eric LUCAS on September 28, 2019 at 1:06 am in reply to: BuddyBlog: How to have the members of a group informed about new posts ? #25538
Hello and thanks, ok I see, if I post in the usual “Posts” section of WordPress, it won’t show in the activity of the groups associated with the selected categories of the post.
If I post an article with the link “Blogs” of BuddyBlogs, it shows in the activity.
But how can i post in several groups ?
I use the “blog” feature to publish “announcements” to the members of various groups.
Then I need a way to notify them about a new post in their group. There is a notification feature (by email) when there is an activity update. But given that the new blog (BuddyBlog) posts show only in one group, then the people of the other groups won’t be notified.
So how to do ?
I have checked some plugin which notify members in case of new post (for the usual WP posts) but it notified all the WP or BP members, not only the members of given groups (which is possible with the group email plugin that I use).
In other words, I would like to be able to check boxes of *groups* (or to select groups) when publishing such blog posts, instead of categories. The categories would become unnecessary, and it would solve also another “problem” that I mentioned previously.
Is it possible, or maybe is there another plugin to do that ?
In short, I want to publish a post in various groups by selecting them, and the group members to be notified. It can be done with a plugin notifying new activity update by email, or by some other way if it exists.
- Eric LUCAS on September 19, 2019 at 9:26 pm in reply to: Open a link in a new window or tab with BP Custom Group Tabs plugin ? #25385
Hello Brajesh and @ravisharma, I hope you will find a minute to tell me how to do.
Now I discovered a plugin called “Code Snippet” allowing to put some code easily, hence if you want you can give me the code and I will try to manage that.
Thanks a lot!
- Eric LUCAS on September 13, 2019 at 6:58 am in reply to: Open a link in a new window or tab with BP Custom Group Tabs plugin ? #25298
Hello, thank you so much 🙂
I hope you will also give me a link to a page explaining where and how to put that code (I’ve never done that, I always rely on plugins). Thanks !
- Eric LUCAS on September 11, 2019 at 3:55 pm in reply to: Open a link in a new window or tab with BP Custom Group Tabs plugin ? #25289
P.S.2 I installed the version 2 of that plugin (WP New Window) and added the CSS classes of the button (BBB) but no way, it never wants to open in a new tab. And could not find how to open a specific link (not the button) in a new tab in this plugin.
Anyway it would be nice if there was a checkbox “open in a new window” in your plugin, like it is in the regular WP menus and even in menu plugins (like MegaMax).
- Eric LUCAS on September 11, 2019 at 6:28 am in reply to: Open a link in a new window or tab with BP Custom Group Tabs plugin ? #25285
P.S. I want to open this page, which is not external, in a new window : https://autistance.org/groups/org-aut_allianceautiste-org_orgintl_onu-cdph/allianceautiste-org_orgintl_onu-cdph_audio-video/
This is only an example and there will be more in the future.
- Eric LUCAS on September 11, 2019 at 6:23 am in reply to: Open a link in a new window or tab with BP Custom Group Tabs plugin ? #25284
Hello, thanks a lot, yes I would like to… However, it’s not for sub nav but for primary nav…
I’ve tried also a plugin supposed to open any external link in a new tab, but it does not work…
- Eric LUCAS on August 18, 2019 at 7:25 pm in reply to: Issues with BP Membership pro #24727
P.S.2 Now that I solved the badges issue (my mistake), all the badges are showing correctly for the members types in the users lists and profile pages.
The only problem is that in the user profile settings the checkboxes for members types are empty (for those that I bulk assigned). Hence, given that I have “force profile completion plugin” (another good thing of yours), each time a “bulk assigned user” will login for the first time, he or she will be asked to check the member types boxes, while seeing already an icon for that on their profile…
- Eric LUCAS on August 18, 2019 at 7:09 pm in reply to: Issues with BP Membership pro #24726
P.S. : About the badges issue (only), my mistake : I did not check the box “Member types” in the badges settings, and I was using “Custom badges” instead. Sorry.
A new user joined and she checked her member type and now her badge (as member type) is showing correctly.
The only problem is about bulk assign member types. Thanks ! (This plugin is so nice and useful and I’m sure you will fix the issue eaily).
- Eric LUCAS on August 18, 2019 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Issues with BP Membership pro #24725
Hello, thanks a lot for that fast answer 🙂
1. I am using “Multi member type” with checkboxes. For example, the users can select “Autistic” and “Volonteer” because they can be both. Or “Parent” and “Autistic”, for the same reason.
2. Well, given that things were not working well, I already erased all member types (permanently), then re-created them with the same slugs, and then renamed the slugs by adding a “2”, but the problem is always the same. I can re-erase all the member type again, and even uninstall the plugin and reinstall, because anyway, so far, I used the “roles” in order to know about the members catagories. Which means that I can re-affect very easily all the correct members types from the “Users” WP panel, by select for example the role “Volunteer”, checking all of them, and assign a member type.
When I first installed BP Members Pro, I saw a little problem with everything “doubled” in the panel, like YesYes and vlntrvlntr etc, and a message asking me to deactivate the free version, which I did which solved that problem.
3. So far, I did not yet use the members directory function. I just see that the members types boxes are empty in the profiles.
4. Badges : yes I understand, but it does not show.
Yes with pleasure, I will send you admin access by private message ; anyway only you can guess what’s going on, and it seems difficult without going inside, thanks a lot 🙂