- Nick on June 11, 2021 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Customizing the BuddyBlog Pro Post URLs #39091
Thanks so much for being so willing to change this! And please don’t ever feel pressured to do anything that I request immediately – I’m just raising questions and making suggestions. I look forward to your other planned improvements and will wait patiently for this feature to come back.
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Consistent naming of plugins for better organization in Installed Plugins #39059
Glad we’re on the same page finally!
That’s fine – I understand that there will be exceptions for things like BuddyBlog Pro. I’m mostly referring to plugins like the following:
(BuddyDev) BP Deactivate Account
BP Default Group Tab
BP xProfile Location
If they could all use BuddyPress, or whatever you like, that would be great.
Anyway, the Plugin Organizer looks like it will solve this problem for me immediately, as well as for all of my other plugins by being able to put them in groups. Thanks for sharing it!
I still think it is worth standardizing the prefixes though!
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 9:31 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Consistent naming of plugins for better organization in Installed Plugins #39056
I think we’re just having a miscommunication, and the MediaPress link proves this. Every single one of those has the prefix “MediaPress”. That’s perfect!
So, instead of BuddyDev, please consider using BuddyPress or BP, or whatever prefix you think is appropriate for your suite of BuddyPress Plugins. That’s all I’m asking for!
I will check out the Plugin Organizer plugin. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 9:15 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Consistent naming of plugins for better organization in Installed Plugins #39053
You could use anything as the prefix, by the way – BP, BD, etc… – not just BuddyDev. What matters is that it is standardized.
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 9:09 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Consistent naming of plugins for better organization in Installed Plugins #39052
Sorry, please allow me to try to clarify this by giving an example from another suite of plugins that I use – GeoDirectory:
GeoDirectory Advanced Search Filters
GeoDirectory Ajax Duplicate Alert
GeoDirectory BuddyPress Integration
GeoDirectory Compare Listings
GeoDirectory Custom Map Styles
GeoDirectory Custom Post Types
GeoDirectory List Manager
GeoDirectory Location Manager
GeoDirectory Marker Cluster
The standard GeoDirectory prefix allows them to all be grouped together while maintaining descriptive names for each plugin. You already do the same, I’m simply asking that you standardize the various prefixes that you currently use – BP, BuddyPress, (BuddyDev), etc… into one standard Prefix and then have a descriptive name following it. Such as,
BuddyDev Profile Data Control
BuddyDev Default Tab Group
BuddyDev BuddyBlog Pro
Moreover, I think it would be a major step backwards if you got rid of the prefixes altogether – like BuddyBlog Pro or BuddyCircle. There are many reasons for this:
1. This makes the list extremely disorganized and harder to activate/deactivate for debugging, as well as just to navigate generally. If they are all grouped, I can find or skip past them all instantly.
2. It loses your branding
3. It loses the value of appearing to be a part of a suite of plugins which should all work together well. People will be less likely to install them if they are in the plugin directory.
In fact, I can’t see a single good reason for wanting to remove the Brand prefix and go with a pure descriptor.
I really hope you will reconsider your plans, and instead consider standardizing the prefixes.
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 8:47 pm in reply to: BuddyBlog Pro Gutenberg Editor #39047
I understand, thanks! I look forward to seeing and trying out the Medium editor!
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 1:33 am in reply to: [Resolved] How do I know which free plugins are compatible with/supported by BuddyBoss? #39026
Wonderful, thanks! I’m very impressed with your service so far!
I’ll let you know which ones I intend to try out. Should I do so here, by email, or some other mechanism?
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 12:46 am in reply to: [Resolved] Master plugin/Theme #39021
Thanks for the quick reply!
I’m not sure if I need 40, but I’m currently looking at about that many. Even if it is 20, it is still quite excessive. Yes, I’ll have to use the bulk unzip and bulk upload via FTP option.
I’m glad to hear that there is a plugin installer in the works and will look forward to using it when it is ready.
Just to clarify, when you deprecate a plugin, is it removed from the website? I just want to make sure that all of the ones I am considering are still current. Thanks!
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Nick.
- Nick on June 9, 2021 at 12:34 am in reply to: [Resolved] Master plugin/Theme #39019
Did this feature ever get developed? I just started using BuddyDev plugins today, but am almost ready to give up on them because I don’t want to download and re-upload 40 plugins, as well as have 40 more entries in my Installed Plugins list.