- Richard Foley on January 2, 2021 at 1:36 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Media (not) posting to main activity feed #35182
I’ve followed your suggestions above but no change.
I also apologise for the delay in following this up, in direct contrast to your speedy response! When I get the time to dedicate to this, I will debug it in earnest – at which point your pasted code snippet will no doubt be helpful in locating the issue.
Meanwhile I’m marking this as resolved as I am almost sure it is a local issue.
ps. Happy New Year 🙂
- Richard Foley on November 30, 2020 at 9:08 am in reply to: [Resolved] Media (not) posting to main activity feed #34713
thanks and yes, it’s been a very busy time 🙂
So, the gallery are public public.
The permissions on the media are also public.
All my material is set to public.
However, the default Dash -> MediaPress -> Settings -> General -> Privacy Settings
Default status for Gallery/Media is set to
“Logged In Users Only” (It will be used when we are not allowed to get the status from user)
Perhaps this is kicking in unexpectedly?
This is not clear yet, but if so, how can I/we check or control the permissions, to avoid this issue?
- Richard Foley on November 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Media (not) posting to main activity feed #34700
ps. I have Dash -> MediaPress -> Settings -> BuddyPress
Automatically Publish to activity When? ￼
New Gallery is created. (no)
￼ New Media added/uploaded. (yes)
pps. I’m using MediaPress v1.5.1
- This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Richard Foley.
- Richard Foley on November 14, 2019 at 7:31 am in reply to: [Resolved] MediaPress gallery comments in activity with no image/s #26453
that’s ok, I’ll figure something out, maybe 🙂
- Richard Foley on November 13, 2019 at 8:01 am in reply to: [Resolved] MediaPress gallery comments in activity with no image/s #26438
this particular issue is on the gallery itself, eg;
So a member sees the gallery of say 16 images, and makes a general comment on it which adds a text-only entry to the feed. I believe you said previously that gallery comments were handled differently to media comments, which is entirely reasonable. I had something similar to this with the (buddyblog) blogs, which also adds a “plain” comment to the feed.
For the blogs, I built an action trigger to add an entry into the feed and to parse the blog (database record/s) for any included media using the parent_id = blog_id. I imagine something similar could be done for the galleries. In an ideal world this could be configurable to include a random image, or say up to 3 thumbnails, in the feed entry.
- Richard Foley on September 10, 2019 at 11:19 am in reply to: [Resolved] MediaPress comments posted in activity without media. #25267
ok, I’ve done that, and I think that’s *much* better!
Strangely I don’t see the media when commenting from the media itself, only when from the activity feed. As this is the common case, it’s no *so* important, and I appreciate your quick-fix hugely!
I’ll close this now, as *this* is fixed. Naturally looking forward to your final solution when it arrives and fixes the myriad and complex media/comments/gallery/images/etc. things 🙂
- This reply was modified 4 years ago by Richard Foley.
- Richard Foley on September 6, 2019 at 7:55 am in reply to: [Resolved] MediaPress comments posted in activity without media. #25216
impatient end-users… 🙂