Tagged: CPT, custom post type
- Bruno Verrier on April 21, 2020 at 4:58 pm #29079
As I already mentioned I created a fork of buddyblog to meet my needs.
The general purpose is to allow users to create, edit and publish various CPTs within Buddypress. One CPT is dedicated to describe user’s own skills, another one could display photos of his/her familly… These CPTs are stored in user profile tabs and are visible from other members.
In fact, I simply made a copy of the plugin and changed the type of publication supported (the one I made with CPT-UI and ACF). But this is where my php skills end (for now …).
An now I have several questions.
It works at some point: slug is correct and posts are correctly displayed but only the default original buddyblog fields are displayed. So,
1) Where in the buddyblog-fork code (what file) should I declare my CPT to access others fields & taxonomies I created?
2) To display my CPT custom fields (ACF) I have to do it in /template/ php files. Right?
Thank you for your time.
- Brajesh Singh on April 21, 2020 at 5:46 pm #29083
I am sorry, this is beyond our support.
We do plan to bring multiple post type to BuddyBlog in future. Since you have forked it, you are on your own to develop it further.
- Bruno Verrier on April 21, 2020 at 7:09 pm #29090
OK I understand.
But I had to try, waiting for buddyblog to be updated as we said before.
Forget it. Do you have an idea of the new buddyblog release date?
- Brajesh Singh on April 22, 2020 at 12:03 pm #29109
Thank you for understanding.
Please allow me 2-3 weeks. I will release it as early as possible.
- Bruno Verrier on May 13, 2020 at 7:07 pm #29798
any news about Buddyblog updates?
- Brajesh Singh on May 14, 2020 at 1:03 am #29815
Thank you for checking . It is coming out in next 4-5 working days. We have been getting into shape and things are almost ready.
I will be posting back after the update.
- Bruno Verrier on May 14, 2020 at 6:34 am #29821
Thank you very much.
- Brajesh Singh on May 18, 2020 at 6:06 am #29949
Hope you are doing well.
Just keeping you posted of the update. I will be releasing this plugin this week. I will be needing another 3-4 days from today. The timeline is same as per previous reply. Just clarifying that weekends(Saturday/Sunday) are not effective working days.
I will update you again.
- Bruno Verrier on May 18, 2020 at 7:44 am #29951
It’s nice of you to keep me posted, I really appreciate.
- Brajesh Singh on May 18, 2020 at 8:41 am #29956
Thank you Bruno.
Will keep updated.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.