• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bruno Verrier on #32321

Hey!

I saw it awesome. You’re really good.
    Did you see the error messages?

Catégorie de compétence
    Mot-clé de compétence
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/28/d301559830/htdocs/00-LVMAIN/wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/src/core/bblpro-form-function.php on line 745

Zone d’intervention *
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/28/d301559830/htdocs/00-LVMAIN/wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/src/core/bblpro-form-function.php on line 745

Conditions *
    Détails des conditions *
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/28/d301559830/htdocs/00-LVMAIN/wp-content/plugins/buddyblog-pro/src/core/bblpro-form-function.php on line 728

On the road again
    Thx

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bruno Verrier on #32353

Hello Brajesh,

as I am trying to underestand the basics of the plugin here are some suggestions.

Form editor Custom fields #content :
    – Add a “Edit” option too (not delete only)
    – Add an option to display or not fields labels
    – As mentionned before add optional text area to display help messages for users
    – Add possibility to indicate how many images/files users can upload
    – Add possibility to attach a css file to each form. (If I create more than on CPT, I would like to customize their lok and feel upon their objectives/goals.)

– It’s OK to leave one save button at the bottom with a little practice we get used to it

Questions:
    – How to access/display taxonomies
    – Where to set up taxonomies? (if not CPTUI) in function.php files?

Thanks again for this really great and neat job. This could be a very good Buddypress plugin for sure!

PS: Maybe it could be more logical to start a new thread for this conversation. Because it will get complicated for the readers. Tell me…

Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32361

Hi Bruno,
    Thank you for the replies.

1. About the notice: -it seems you are using a version different from me. I do not have any loop on those lines. For now, try adding some taxonomy/custom fields and it should go away. I need to add a few more things before making the other updates available(Hopefully Monday).

Thank you for your questions/suggestions. Here is my view on them.

1 – Add a ‘Edit’ option too (not delete only) :-
    At the moment, It is not worth it. Editing is same as recreating a field with same. It may be a nuisance for complex fields but is not an essential item on our list. We will be reconsidering it once BuddyBlog goes stable.

2. – Add an option to display or not fields labels:-
    Please share an example. If no hint is provided, how will it be useful?

3. – As mentionned before add optional text area to display help messages for users
    Sure. I will be adding it in next update.

4. – Add possibility to indicate how many images/files users can upload
    We don’t have bulk image option. The file upload handles single uploads. So, each field you add handles only 1 media.

5. – Add possibility to attach a css file to each form. (If I create more than on CPT, I would like to customize their lok and feel upon their objectives/goals.)

Sure.

Technically You can use the normal WordPress template tag to access theme. I have been working on provide a way for modifying the template using shortcodes for these. Please wait fro Monday’s update. I may have a better way to handle it out of the box.

To be honest, showing the custom field data and taxonomies information in the template is the only real challenge I am facing with BuddyBlog. We do not want to force admins to modify template and I am not seeing a simple way to handle it.
    Suggesitons are welcome.

PS:- Please do start a new thread. That will be helpful for others in future.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved