All the settings related to user reporting can be accessed from the User panel on the settings screen.
The general settings section control the user hiding preference and restrictions applied to the hidden account.
The above three options allows you to control user hiding preference, whether they should be hidden for reporter and should we have a threshold for auto hiding for everyone.
Hidden Account restrictions:-
Once the no. of times an account is reported crosses the threshold, the account is automatically marked as hidden for everyone.
A hidden account can be subjected to the following restrictions(Explained in 3 screenshots below):-
- You can automatically log out the reported user from all devices.
- You can optionally disable user login(block user login)
- If you decide to block login, you can customize the message shown to the user.
- You can disable private message(composing/sending) functionality for the hidden user
- You can disable activity posting for the user
- You can disable activity replying for the user
There are 5 type of notifications savailable. You can customize each of these.
- Admin notification on New user being reported
- Admin Notification on user reaching threshold and becoming hidde
- User notification on profile getting hidde
- User notification on profile restore
- User notification on profile delete.
Each of the above notification can be enabled/disabled and you can customize the subject/message for each email notification. The emails can help you manage a proper workflow.
Here are the screenshots of notifications settings.
Next:- BuddyPress Activity Moderation Settings