BuddyPress Moderation tools is a modular plugin. At the core of the plugin is the concept of reportable types. A content which can be reported belongs to a reportable type.
A developer can register new reportable types(dev docs coming in future) easily.
At the moment, the plugin comes with following reportable types
- User:- BuddyPress User can be reported for abuse and moderated.
- BuddyPress Activity:- BuddyPress Activities can be reported for abuse and moderated.
- BuddyPress Activity Reply:- BuddyPress Activity Replies can be reported for abuse and moderated by the admin.
- BuddyPress Groups:- A BuddPress group can be reported for abuse and can be moderated for the
- WordPress Post:- Allow posts by BuddyPress Community to be repored for abuse and moderated.
- WordPress Comments:- Allow comments on WordPress posts to be reported for abuse.
See notes if you are looking for a solution for MediaPress or User avatar moderation.
When a reportable type is registered, admins can select to keep them active of deactivate them. These registered types are listed .
The process of registering a new type involves
- Extending PressThemes\ModerationTools\Reportable_Type class and specifying a type/label in that class.
- If you need to provide admin settings, you can specify using our Settings API
- Provide Action handler for sending emails on various report actions if needed
- Provide a UI Helper to help put the button somewhere.
- Also, we have organized these into a well structured patter and you can check it in the reportable-types directory on how we have implemented the core types.